Search

Estate Lindholm

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 05:23 AM
Beckie

Estate Lindholm

Looking for imput on excellent, high quality St. John accommodations for families with teenagers. Good, safe location for walking into town to shops and restaurants. How is Estate Lindholm?

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 11:55 AM
bp

I'll be staying there this coming week &amp; will post when I return. I've read many good things about it...<BR>

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 02:21 PM
joan

Just returned from St John. 2 excellent locations in Cruz Bay for teens to walk into town etc are Lavender Hill Estates and Gallery Point.<BR>Joan

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 03:52 PM
xxx

Lavender Hill can be noisy some report because of its location. Also a hike up the hill. I believe that joan means Gallows Point which is within easy walking distance of the shops and restaurants in Cruz Bay. A tiny spit of sand to snorkel from and on the bay where the dock is located.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 09:27 AM
Steve

Would you recommend Gallows Point over the Westin for a family with a 15 and an 18 year old?

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 09:40 AM
Elise

Steve,<BR>In my opinion you might be happier at the Westin with teens. There will be other kids there to hang out with and the pool is great. The beach is manmade and not anywhere near as nice as the other beaches on the island but is great for kids.<BR>Gallows is a great property but has less beach and a small pool. <BR>I would also caution you with teens and leaving them on their own in town. The drinking age in the USVI is 18 but virtually no one asks for id. Unless you're very sure of them and know that they won't be tempted to head for the Beach Bar or Duffy's to drink you'd be better off with them being a little further away from town.