COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Elueuthera Charter Flights

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Anon

Elueuthera Charter Flights

We traveled in the Eastern Caribbean this past August. I HAVE to go back. But this time I want to go to Eleuthra. Here's the plan. My inlaws/outlaws are insisting on celebrating Mother in Law's birthday this year in July in Bradenton Beach Fl. I figure we can drive there (14 hours) spend a few days and then...take a charter flight from Fort Lauderdale or Miami to Govenor's Harbour. My question is this. Are charter's cheaper than commercial? Travelocity quoted Jamaican Air from Fort Lauderdale at 575.00 for 2 people. Also would there be any Charters from Sarasota? That would save us another 4 hour drive. What charter services are there for this? Any help would be appreciated.

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 10:07 PM
tweedy

YOu don't have to do a charter, USAir flies from Ft. Lauderdale to N. Eleuthera and I think they may fly in GH as well. I think Twin Air also files out of Ft. Lauderdale. Bahamas Air flies in GH from Nassau.

Another option is to take the Fast Ferry from Nassau to Harbour Island or Eleuthera.

The website for more info is www.bahamasfastferries.com, www.bahamasair.com and info on Harbour Island and N. Eleuthera is www.briland.com

American Airlines flies into Nassau from early am to about 10pm so you have lots options there as well.

Check with Continental, USAir and Bahamas Air on options out of Florida and the connections out of Nassau is the Fast Ferry (which is about a 2 hour boat ride) and Twin Air.

Hope you have a great time.

tweedy

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Robert

The charter airlines out of Ft. Lauderdale are cheaper. You can contact LYNX Air which will fly you from Ft. Lauderdale to Governor's Harbor on Eleuthera for about $252 round trip, including taxes. Also, AIR SUNSHINE flies to Governor's Harbor from Ft. Lauderdale as well, but for some reason are more expensive($417 round trip). I don't believe either airlines flies from Sarasota, though. Perhaps, you could get a charter airlines form Sarasota to Ft. Lauderdale in the am, and conect with the above mentioned ones to Eleuthera. Hope this helps. Robert

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 12:04 PM
Robert

You may also want to contact Air Charters Bahamas at 1-866-flyislands." They may be able to solve your problem with getting right to Eleuthera from Sarasota, since they private charters from Marathon, Tallahasse, Orlando, Jacksonville and Tampa to the Bahamas out islands. Let us know what happens with them; I may use them myself instead of flying out of Ft. L or Miami. Robert

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Anon

Wow! Thanks for the great informative replies. I ran this plan across husband and figured I would be blown out of the water. To my surprise he was all for it. After doing some research based on your suggestions I have found charters are less expensive than commercial airlines. Now that is settled...where to stay? We want to stay directly on the beach. I am off to investigate cottages villas etc. Thanks again!!