Search

Eleuthera

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2006, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eleuthera

My husband and I are planning a trip in May to Eleuthera. Any suggestions or comments on hotels/restaurants? Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 07:59 PM

Eleuthera is VERY laid back, sleepy island, at least for the next few years, there is alot of building that is going on now in several parts of the island.

The island is 110 miles long so to see much you will have to have a car. That said, if you want a nice place with good food, on the beach, the nicest place on island is CocoDiMama, on the leeward side of the island, not far from Govenours Harbour airport. www.cocodimama.com.

There's also Pineapple Cove, Cigatoo Inn and The Rainbow Inn, all in N. Eleuthera and GH area. All a little more laid back, and all have restaurants on site.

If you want a few more choices, you might look at some of the resorts on Harbour Island, which is just off the coast of Eleuthera.

Try a few of these websites.

www.myharbourisland.com
www.eleu.net
www.briland.com

Have a fun trip.
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 10:25 PM

Stayed on Harbor Island last January and it was FABULOUS! We stayed at the Dunmore Beach Club. Eleuthera was well....not very developed yet. We were glad we weren't staying there.
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 03:55 AM

I (and my husband) love Eleuthera. I guess it is not for everybody, but un-touristy is my favorite way to go. Most of our visits, we rarely saw anyone else on the beach. So if you're into each other, and like the idea of exploring deserted pink sand beaches with gorgeous snorkeling, Eleuthera could be for you. But if you want other tourists, hotel amenities and restaurants within walking distance ( or golfcart), then Harbour Island would be a better choice.

We always rent a villa there, there are many beachfront homes to choose from, and most are very reasonably priced. You will need a rental car. May is the perfect time to go. We usually fly into the Governor's Harbor airport and rent a home in the Palmetto Point area, the names of the places we've rented are: Calypso, Finiterre, and the Lighthouse villa (with a real working lighthouse on top!).

Some of my favorite restaurants are the Rainbow Inn, Mate & Jenny's Pizza, and the conch stands on the side of the ride, especially in Tarpum Bay.
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 06:28 AM

I completely agree with Joan's post. We were on Eleuthera this past nov and it was an amazing experience. We too love non-touristy destinations (but are not into roughing it...if that makes any sense). I can't wait to go back. On eleuthera I would go with the villa option rather than a hotel. There are so many to choose from that are right on the beach. A car as mentioned before is a must to explore this island. We visited HI from Eleuthera and thought it was quaint and the beach was very nice. We preferred Eleuthera over HI because there are many more beaches/small towns to visit/explore. As Joan mentions, you will usually not find another person on your slice of paradise/beach on Eleu. We also found the locals to be very friendly and welcoming. Our favorite restaurants were Tippys and Dolcevita (exp). CocoDiMama was closed the day we planning to eat ther so don't have an opinion. I would pass on Cigatoo restaurant. If you really prefer to stick to a hotel/condo setting, Pineapple Cove is centrally located and is across the street from a very nice beach and restaurant.