Search

Electricity and Ice Cream in T&C!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2005, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electricity and Ice Cream in T&C!!

Just thought of four more questions....

Is the electricity the same as in the US or do we need to bring an adaptor?

Is there a place in the evening to walk and get a quick ice cream cone or sundae? That has become a ritual with my kids on other island vacations.

Is there any evening entertainment to speak of? Island shows, live music, movie theatre, etc...

The Sands says they supply free bicycles to their guests...is there any safe place to ride..have read the roads are pretty bad.
Also, the Sands provides free use of non-motorized water equipment...are lessons available or are you on your own?

Old Feb 10th, 2005, 11:43 AM

1. electricity same as U.S.
2. there is probably a place 'Downtown' but you would have to drive to get there
3. don't know - when I was there a couple of years ago some of the restaurants and bars had entertainment
4. You could ride bicycles on the road if you are very careful - remember to be on the CORRECT side of the road - the left-hand side.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Is the Sands in what is considered "downtown"?
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 01:02 PM
TG

You might want to try tciforums.com with some of your questions. Provo does not really have a "downtown," but rather a couple of 'clusters' of shops.
The Sands does have bikes available however I would not recommend that kids go for a bike ride - the roads are not safe enough IMHO.
The Sands has live entertainment the night of the manager's party and we really enjoyed it! The do offer simple instructions on using the hobie cats and other beach/water stuff but you are really on your own. IF you have trouble they have a power boat to assist.
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 09:44 AM

Actually the area near the airport where the banks, some shopping, KFC, some other restaurants, a grocery store, liquor stores, bakery etc are congregated is locally known as Downtown. None of the resorts (the Sands included) is near "downtown". All are at least a 10 minute drive away.
Old Feb 12th, 2005, 04:51 PM

hi mm - great question header! you are looking for the barefoot cafe in ports of call. they have shakes, smoothies, desserts, coffee drinks, ice cream, etc. (also bfast & reg food) i cannot guarantee cones but you could get some at the grocery ... or if sands has in room frig get ice cream and cones,make own and eat them on the beach. oh boy i wish i was doing so right now!
i think the biking would be ok but can't recall your kids ages. if you were with them; but you are riding on a well traveled road. night riding would seem iffy -too dark. you'll know after you see the area if you are comfortable.
re evening entertainment: see HowardC post from 2.04.05, 5:44pm. no island shows. i believe the movie blding burnt. i bet your room will have a vcr. there is a movie rental on leeward highway or maybe sands keeps some
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 01:37 PM
rst

There are two ice cream places near the Sands: Giggles at Ports of Call and a new "gelato" store just before Carters Restaurant and Bella Luna.