Search

ELBOW BEACH ~ BERMUDA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ELBOW BEACH ~ BERMUDA

Hello!
We have secured reservations @ Elbow Beach Resort Bermuda for our wedding & honeymoon (12/08) ~ ANY & ALL feedback / suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

We own an award-winning B&B and are SO looking forward to escaping to a locale where WE will receive the service and attention we lavish on OUR guests!

It looks absolutely beautiful and the beach...divine (?!)

In advance, thank you!!
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 09:47 AM

You're going to enjoy Elbow Beach - I think it will be a fabulous spot for a wedding and honeymoon. (Much more appropriate than 9 Beaches, IMO.) It's also very nicely situated for exploring the rest of the island, getting to town for restaurants, etc. They have a section of the beach set aside for hotel guests only. The rest of Elbow Beach (the actual beach itself) is popular for ex-pat celebrations at Christmas and New Year's. Remember that you're not going to be here during 'high season', so although dinner reservations will be easy, there also won't be as much 'going on' as far as entertainment goes.
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 05:51 AM

We stayed at Elbow Beach in January 2008. It is a beautiful location and the hotel itself is very nice. The only disappointment was the beach. It is not like it appears in the brochure. It is extremely small. Some of the locals said that the winter had caused a lot of erosion thus decreasing the amount of open beach. But, they do monitor it to make sure that the people on the beach are staying there. Also they were renovating some of the main hotel rooms. We stayed in one of the cabana type rooms down toward the beach and it was fabulous. There were grumblings though of those who were in non renovated rooms. You can find some posts on trip advisor as well. Congratulations on your wedding!
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 08:08 AM

It is the nicest larger hotel on the island. If you are looking for something smaller and more intimate I would strongly suggest you look at Cambridge Beaches. Hopefully you are aware that you will not be taking advantage of that beach in December, due to the weather?
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 09:32 AM

we stayed there in april of 2007 and the beach was very large and absolutely beautiful - allows a very nice walk too - however we were there in mid april and their was really only one day that was warm enough for laying out and the water was way too cold to swim in (their were intrepid individuals - mostly children who were)
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 10:18 PM

My Fiance and I are planning our wedding for either August or September of 2009 in Bermuda! We are looking at Coco Reef, Pink Beach Club, and Elbow Beach. Has anyone had any experience with these locations? We are planning a small wedding...approx 40 - 50 people.

Thanks!
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 04:06 AM

Just got Travel and Leisures Tope 500 hotel issue and Elbow Beach is the only one listed in Bermuda. Fairmont Southampton used to make the list (I think) but not this year.

I love the ELbow beach. we stayed there in August 2006. The hotel was undergoing renovations, which i assume are done nnow. I thought the beach was incredible.