"dress code" in san juan

Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:29 PM
christine

"dress code" in san juan

I am going to Puerto Rico in a few days with some girlfriends. I have been told that people got rather "dolled up" when going out at night. Can anyone offer suggestions as to what to pack? By the way - we are all in our late 20s and can no longer pull off dressing like Britney Spears.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:53 AM
rqf

You could get "dolled up" if you want but it is not necessary. Casual dress is accepted in almost every place you will visit. Dress as you would at home when going to a club on a Saturday night.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 02:38 PM
diana_pr77

You can get all dressed up or not. Most night clubs are casual wear or casual formal. The thing is that puertoricans are very consious about how they look. What wrong with wanting to look your best. But for the club dress as you would if you were going to a local night club.. for info on nightclubs in Puerto Rico visit www.puertoricowow.com in the entertainment section

Jun 4th, 2002, 06:09 AM
Catherine

I found that Puerto Rican women seem to always dress up and look pulled together. High heels seem to be the norm, even shopping at the mall. You don't have to wear heels if they're not your "thing", but definetly aim for smart.
And lets all pray that the britney spears fad disappears from the teeny bopper group!

Jun 4th, 2002, 09:17 AM
Chef Jason Girard

For dinner and everyday, I think casual sundresses and the like are more than adequate for most places in Puerto Rico. Dress as you would in most nightclubs in the States. Actually, I found the dress code for men to be more restrictive -- restaurants typically require men to wear long pants and a collared shirt for dinner.

Jun 4th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Daisy

Christine, bring some short dresses & skirts (that are sexy looking) with some strappy sandals or heels. Wear light make-up, mascara, eyeliner & lipstick. And, bring hair accessories, gel, spray, combs & curling iron. Have a wonderful time and enjoy!