Search

phone home?

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2002, 08:46 PM
Joe

phone home?

What the cheapest way to phone the U.S. from Jamaica?

Old May 26th, 2002, 01:13 AM
tivertonhouse

If you have an island friend with a pin number acct for overseas access, that rate is lowest. Intl.phone cards, sold everywhere, are the norm.Cell phones are now everywhere on island. NEXTEL will also rent you an intl.access cell phone,deliver it to you via fdx the day b4 you depart for charges of US$9.95/DAY<BR>plus phone call costs. Do not call the States collect -- you'll pay upwards of US$7/minute, more if your hotel levies surcharges.

Old May 26th, 2002, 01:14 AM
tivertonhouse

P.S. Intl.phone cards for use in Jamaica can't be bought in States;must be bought on island.

Old May 26th, 2002, 05:22 AM
Kim

I purchased my Intl Phone card directly from my phone company.Try calling them to find out if they offer one.It is still quite expensive because Jamaica only has one phone company and they set there rates.My phone bill for one week, of course I had to call my Grand daughter about ever other day was $235.00.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Marie

Used the phone in my hotel room and called direct last week. It was $28 for 8 minutes there was not a pay phone on the property.