Day trip to Grenadines from Barbados

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of my co-workers is going to Barbados on her honeymoon. I recommended a day trip to The Grenadines. We did this from St Lucia in 2004 and loved it. Anyone know of any companies who would book the trip, air and boat day? I checked Captain Yannis website and it was shutdown due to what sounded like some fraud issues?? Or, maybe their hotel might offer something? They are staying at The Crane. Any other not to miss things on Barbados?
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 04:43 PM

Barbados is much farther away than St. Lucia.

I don't have my notes in front of me but if I remember correctly the flight on Union Air from Barbados was over $350 each r/t and flights were only twice a day.

www.svgair.com may have more flights but I'm afraid because of the distance and very few flights their day would be spent traveling.

Could they do a night or two on one of the Grenadine Islands to make it worthwhile?
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

My bad. Looks like I have given inaccurate information (blushing). I was thinking Barbados was closer since it is farther down the island chain and seemed to be a hub for that area.
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 05:58 PM
KVR

Brenda, I have looked into a trip like this and the recommendations I received was for either Caribbean Safari Ltd. or Chan Tours. I sent you e-mails with the responses I received for my inquiry. We still hope to plan and do it someday. It was expensive. We looked at the Grenadines and Grenada and it was around $1000 for each trip.
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Yikes, it is expensive. Definitely steep for a day trip.
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Original Poster

Hey Kelly,
Girl, you are the research guru. I looked at the info you gave me in more detail and Chan Tours sounds like a good bet. I thought I was wrong after one of the posts, but the flight times from STL vs Barbados are quite similar. It is costly, but she is a CRNA (nurse anesthetist) and should be able to afford it, LOL. That is, assuming those prices were in Barbados dollars? Hope the move goes well. I'll be in touch.
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 09:07 AM

Barbados is a 50 minute flight to Canouan via 4-seater propeller plane and 30 minute flight via Jet.
Not sure which "Grenadine" you are interested in but it should not be too much further than this-Bequia, Canouan, Mustique, are all pretty close together. We either used Air Mustique or SVG air.
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

http://barbados.org/tours/chantours/grenadines.htm

Here is the link to the website Kelly sent me if anyone else is interested. There are a few choices of tours. They all sound nice. Not cheap though, average price is about $1000 for two for the day. Might be a nice splurge for my friends honeymoon though.
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 06:39 PM
KVR

Yeah, I was looking into going to Barbados and doing those day trips, but the move killed us. We've cancelled everthing until next May. Lots to do on the new house. I must have way too much time on my hands to be spending on the computer researching places to go and hotels to stay in. Poor me.

If they take the trip, I would be real interested on how it went, if the liked it, and if they thought it was worth the money. It's still on my list.