Day Tours from Barbados

Search

Day Tours from Barbados

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day Tours from Barbados

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Barbados, April 9 - April 15, 2006. Since we are going to be there for a few days, I wanted to plan a day tour to another island. Any advice as to reputable tour companies or price ranges.
Thanks for any input given.
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 09:07 AM

Probably your best bet would be a flight seeing trip from Barbados to the Grenadines coupled with a catamaran trip from Union Island or Canouan to the Tobago Cays. Search this board for reports from travellers who have done this, and been very pleased.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 06:17 AM

When you are in Barbados you can contact Chantours - they have day trips available to St. Vincent and the Grenadines. I think they go to St. Lucia also. You might look them up on the web and find out more details.

Lois
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 10:35 AM

Just be aware that any "day" tour from Barbados must be made by air and will cost in excess of $100 (and that's probably a very small estimate). Barbados is about 100 miles east of the rest of the Lesser Antilles, so it's pretty isolated.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 05:54 PM
MSQ

Doug while I hear what you are saying, as I have suggested elsewhere Caribbean Star and Liat (two local airlines) currently have really cheap fares to St Vincent.

If one took the time one could arrange (with the help of those like curiousx) one's own day trip including a flight to St Vincent, and a drive up to the Trinity Falls or the Rain Forest, or catch the ferry to Bequia for the day or even catch the ferry to Bequia and take a day sail on the Friendship Rose Schooner for a lot less money than some of the quotes I have seen on here for a package day tour.
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 04:11 AM

Remember that there is also a lot to do on Barbados! WE couldn't fit in all of the sightseeing we wanted to do in a full seven days!
Old May 7th, 2006, 10:20 PM

I will be traveling to Barbados May 15. Liat Airlines has airfare $22 each way to/from Barbados to St. Vincent. So, I paid $52.10 to fly to St. Vincent. I'll spend 2 nights there. Then, return to Barbados.

I'm trying to decide on a tour company while on St. Vincent.

Liat Airlines has other very reasonable airfare to other neighboring islands as well.