Day Sail to Jost Van Dyke

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone done a daysail to Jost Van Dyke from STT or STJ? Is it worth it? What is there to do - besides visit the soggy dollar bar? What is the approximate cost?
Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 05:41 PM

The whole appeal of JVD is that you don't do anything. You basically can wander from bar to bar and flake out on a gorgeous beach in a laid back, friendly atmosphere. And yes, it is worth it. The best thing to do is to take the ferry and then spend the day at White Bay and then spending a few hours in Great Harbour (at Foxy's).
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 06:15 AM

We did a day trip to Jost Van Dyke from Tortolla. Once they dropped us off we hiked our way to White Bay. AMAZING beach....white sand and crystal clear calm turquoise water. It was the highlight of our trip. Definately worth it if you want to chill out on a gorgeous beach relaxing in a hammock ....
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 08:54 AM

Foxy's is a good time. Don't miss it and make sure you buy something with Foxy's written on it. When I have worn my shirt other places in the world people come up to me and start chatting. Seems this place is world known and everyone loves it.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input folks!
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 10:28 AM

The day sails to JVD are definitely worth it. White Bay is by far one of the most beautiful beaches in the Virgin Islands. And the Soggy Dollar is just too much fun. There's a large reef that has good snorkeling when you go out far enough. Foxy's is a lot of fun as well. But the beach there I wouldn't recommend. If you can - and this is hard to do now, unfortunately - find a day sail that will also take you to the small islands at the end of JVD called Sandy Cay and Sandy Spit. There is great snorkeling off Sandy Spit and Sandy Cay has a nice little hike. Both are gorgeous! Enjoy! I'm so very envious.