Weather in St. John or Cayman in November

Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Weather in St. John or Cayman in November

Just wondering what the weather is like in these locations in late Nov. I read on some postings about restaurants being closed and unable to eat outside due to mosquitos? Anyone been there during this time frame? Will we find everything open or is this off season? What about the weather - is this rainy season? Thanks!
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 02:53 PM

STJ weather in Nov should be ok. The Hurricane season runs June thru Nov with Sept being the worst month. Could be a bit more rainy than usual. The more rain, the more bugs. The climate is pretty constant on the island. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have been there in Nov with no problems.
Sept would be the least desirable month.
Most restaurants should be open - they will be gearing up for the busy winter season.
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 03:47 PM

I was in St. John last November and it rained one or two times but it was brief. The weather was gorgeous aside from that....do take bug spray regardless of which time of year that you go.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 11:12 AM

I was in St John over Thanksgiving last year, and it didn't rain much for us. However - the week before we got there they got about 20 inches of rain, which isn't common. But definitely take the bug spray. The mosquitos were vicious!! Enjoy it. It's absolutely spectacular!!!
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 12:53 PM

We were in Grand Cayman for Thanksgiving week and the weather was good- sunny and warm with a little rain the day we arrived and a morning shower on the Sat we were there. Otherwise it was high 70's-low 80's and mostly sunny.