Cricket world cup 2007

Jan 15th, 2006, 10:42 PM
santharamhari

Cricket world cup 2007

A group of us are travelling to the cricket world cup 2007......any one else going then? How are the prices at the resorts during that period march/april 2007? also, how do we make the bookings?

Mar 7th, 2006, 12:07 AM

Understand some hotels already fully booked. Suggest a tour might be a better option as hotels and tickets included.
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:09 AM

If the World Cup is late March/early April, then high season prices will be in effect on the island, and some hotels & resorts may even charge a premium on top of that.

What kind of place are you looking for and what is your price range? There are several wonderful places to stay in Antigua (in fact, it's one of my favorite places in the Caribbean), but each place suits a different taste and budget. My personal favorite is Long Bay Hotel on the east coast--small, intimate, with wonderful staff and personalized service on a nice beach with good snorkeling. It would be too quiet & rustic for some tastes, however.
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:37 AM
OT

How I wish we were able to go, but unfortunately my cricket playing (European Champion) young son is doing his GCSE that spring and travel is OUT!
Mar 30th, 2006, 08:12 AM

Your best bet will likely be to get a package as I too understand that the organizing body, Cricket Logistics, has already reserved almost all the available accommodations in the hosting countries. Packages will be made available through Official Travel Agents (OTAs) of Cricket Logistics, who have this month been appointed. I also understand that the list of OTAs should be available soon on their official web site -- http://www.cricketworldcup.com, but you can get a preview of who they are if you take a look at their press releases, also on that homepage.
Mar 30th, 2006, 09:26 AM

Here's an update. The list of OTAs is actually available on Cricket Logistic's web site: http://www.cricketlogistics.com. Hope this helps.