Search

Going to Turin for the Olympics - Hotel advice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to Turin for the Olympics - Hotel advice

Hello,

I am looking for a nice place to stay for the Olympics - upscale hotel with amenties would be great! any suggestions would be helpful, I don't know where to start.

Thank you!
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 06:29 AM

Have you tried copsort.com? I got my Olympic tickets through that company and I know that they offered accomodations as well. Seeing as though all of the nice hotels with Amenities were running almost $600 a night, I searched and found a small hotel - The Hotel Azalea - right in downtown Torino that seems like a decent bed & breakfast type with a very reasonable rate.
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 06:38 AM

With barely three weeks to go, you would be wise to book anything you can find. The media and VIPS will have blocked out the upscale hotels in Torino months ago.

This is one of the few times a travel agent might do better than an individual, preferably an agent who specializes in sports travel. I just checked expedia for hotels around the Olympic dates and the situation looks grim.

You could also try ebay - people have been known to sell off hotels rooms (and also Olympic event tickets) at the last minute, but for a price.

Start thinking about possible alternatives to staying in Torino - say in a surrounding town or city. And lower your expectations - fast.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 09:11 AM
freiamaya

ACT NOW!
You can stay in Pinerolo at a B and B type of establishment. There is a train that will take you to Torino that departs Pinerolo every 30 minutes. Go to www.montagnedoc.it. It can be viewed in English, and has a list of available accomodations, and an email address where you can reserve your room.
Best of luck!

Old Jan 27th, 2006, 04:32 PM

Check out the "Wanna Attend?" page of this web site for some accommodation leads: www.olympicproportions.net