COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Crane Beach Resort

Old May 22nd, 2002, 12:05 PM
Bud

Crane Beach Resort

Has anyone stayed at the Crane Private villas or known someone who has stayed there? Wanted firsthand experience feedback.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 12:33 PM
anon

Double check this, but I think the Crane is where RCCL takes their passengers on the Barbados tour for their look at the beach and some rum punch.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 02:36 PM
Bud

I have the website for the Crane Hotel and Private Residences. Wanted to know if anyone has stayed there.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 03:42 PM
anon

My point was I wouldn't want to stay there if they were going to be parading cruise ship passengers thru all the time.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 04:27 PM
elizabeth

Hi - I haven't stayed there but did visit it during my first trip to Barbados in March. We stayed in the St. Lawrence Gap area. Crane Beach is rather remote (albeit it's a small island and nothing is very far) -- there aren't many amenities in the immediate area although there is a bus stop nearby or you could rent a car/taxi. The villas look lovely, although alot of them don't have a water view - and the view they have isn't very notable.

Hope that helps.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 04:56 AM
Cheryl

The Crane is a pretty, secluded resort, with a lovely view of the water...and the beach is a powdery, pinky white sand that is absolutely wonderful.

This place looks like it was once quite something, but time has had its effects on this resort.

It's still a gorgeous, quiet area, but very low-key...and the pool, where you can look out through the romanesque pillars, down to the tourquoise waters below, is breath-taking.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 03:56 PM
Pam

I was just looking at the Crane Bch Hotel web site and thinking it looked wonderful... is it now run-down?

Anyone been inside? Thanks for email responses!

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 01:17 PM
fiona

topping for angel

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 08:10 AM
anon

ttt