Frangipani, Anguilla

Jan 14th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Maryann

Frangipani, Anguilla

I'm considering going to Anguilla and staying at Frangipani, has anyone stayed there before? Or can anyone recommend any other place that has 2 bedrooms with kitchen on Anguilla.
Thank you.

Jan 14th, 2003, 08:38 AM
Sally

Yes, we stayed at Frangipani last summer for the first time, and have already booked again for this summer. So obviously we liked it a lot! It is a very quiet, small hotel (8 suites, I believe) on a beautiful, almost deserted beach (Mead's Bay). The suite we had had 3 balconies, it was very spacious, with a full kitchen and washer/dryer. The property also has an excellent restaurant, and a nice pool. If you are looking for a lot of activity, this is not the place for you. But if you are looking for peace and quiet and a fantastic location, it can't be beat.

Jan 14th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Howard

Have stayed there over a dozen times. most recently 12 days over Thanksgiving Really nice place and a great deal for the money. Suites 1A/B, 2A/B and 5A/B are two bedroon suites. Suites 3 and 6 can be configured as either 2 or 3 bedroom. Feel free to e-mail me with questions

Jan 17th, 2003, 07:28 AM
Maryann

Thanks for the information, I will stay at Frangipani if I decide that Anguilla is going to be my destination. Thanks.

Jan 20th, 2003, 05:22 PM
carol

Howard:

I read on the Frangipani site that in addition to the suites, they also have Deluxe and Super Deluxe rooms. They say the difference between the Deluxe and Super Deluxe is that the Super Deluxe is an oceanview room. Do you have other info you can add? Do the Deluxe/Super Deluxe rooms have mini-bars or refrigerators? Thank you.

Jan 21st, 2003, 05:48 AM
Howard

I suspect the Deluxe rooms are the second and third bedrooms of the suites on the ground floor--That is 1B, 2B, 3B and 3C and 6C on the second floor. The ones on the first floor have a patio enclosed with a wall for privacy with no view. 6C has a balcony but overlooks the entrance to the resort. Expect the Super Deluxe are 5C, 6B and 7A ( which I call the junior efficiency suite and has a full kitchen). If I had a choice I would pick 7A first then 5C and 6B. The view from 6B is only a partial ocean view. Both of the later have sitting areas, mini fridges, microwaves and coffee makers. None of the suites have mini bars. If you plan on going after 16 April the 7 day Sun, Sea and Sand package is the best deal. You get a full one bedroom suite and continental breakfast

Jan 21st, 2003, 08:17 AM
carol

Thanks Howard!