Costa Rica; qlueless Help plz :)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just planning a last minute trip to Costa Rica. I don't have a clue about the country. If anyone could make any suggestions as where to go, where to stay, what to do, or any tips to maximize fun and minimize danger, I would really love it. There are two of us going; we are in our twenties with lots of energy for outdoors activities and indoor partying

Again, thanks for your time...
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 03:25 AM

Tons of info. for you on the Latin America board ..... not Caribbean .... All your questions will be answered there ,Faith .
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 01:27 PM

Hi!

I have a TON of info about Costa Rica as Ive been there many times. You MUST check out manuel Antonio. its on the pacific coast. Not sure what your bedget is but theres a hotel in virtually every price range from hostels to $500 a night. check out www.costaricareservation.com or email me [email protected] Costa Rica is an amazing beautiful place. you will go back I promise!!!
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 03:31 AM

Our fave place as well !!
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

thanks a lot for the tips...I am researching Costa Rica a little bit more everyday...again Thanks
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 11:33 AM

hello there costa rica is a great choice i have been there many of times starting in the early 80 s i was there last in november of 2003 the best way to see costa rica is to fly and drive we drove around for seven days. manuel antonio down south in the pacific coast to me is over rated you have alot of tourist from all over the world trying to take pictures and video all the time. my two favorite spots is la fortuna thats where the arenal volcano is. this volcano is alive 24/7 and you can have a great time at the tabacon springs resort this is where the thermal waters come down from the volcano. then during the day you can go down the mountain on the other side of the volcano clime down and there is a beautiful water fall the water is stremely cold but you must go in. then there is the cloud forest at monte verde beautiful place,has the best canapy tour by far but beware the road is real bad about 3 hours drive at 5 miles an hour. if you need any more info my name is louis i am from cuba but i have live in the states for the last 30 years i love to travel central america the caribbean.
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 03:18 PM

I don't know your budget or how much time you have, but I thought our trip a few years ago was nearly perfect. We landed at the San Jose airport and were picked up by Vista del Valle where we stayed for two nights. They obtained a rental car for us and we drove to Arenal Volcano and spent a couple nights at Tabacon Hot Springs. You can view the volcano from the pool at night! Or, you can get closer to the volcano by spending the night at Arenal Lodge. From there we drove to Villa Caletas, a beautiful hotel with an infinity pool overlooking the Pacific you will never forget. Then we headed down to Manuel Antonio Park. Our hotel was Si Como No where the monkeys come swinging through like clockwork every afternoon. We finished up by spending the last day and night back at Vista del Valle and they brought us back to the airport the next day. Things we didn't do, but will try next time: Lapa Rios, a fabulous ecological resort and the rainforest canopy tour. The staff at Vista del Valle were very knowledgeable and can hook you up to anything you want to do.
Here are the links:
www.vistadelvalle.com
www.arenallodge.com
www.tabacon.com
www.hotelvillacaletas.com
www.sicomono.com
http://laparios.com/
http://www.monteverdeinfo.com/canopy/tour.htm
Have a great time in Costa Rica!
Regards, Maggi