Search

Club Med in Guadeloupe

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Lou
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Club Med in Guadeloupe

I am going to La Caravelle in March. Has anyone been there and is willing to share some stories? <BR><BR>I assume that most guests will be from France. Is there a big language barrier? <BR><BR>Also, have you taken any of the trips they offer? What would you recommend?<BR><BR>And how about their sailing equipment? <BR><BR>Any information is much appreciated.<BR>
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 06:45 PM

80-90% of the guests will be either from France or Quebec. You are not going to hear much English - maybe some of the GO's and of course most of the the Canadians can speak to you in English.<BR>If they offer a snorkeling/diving excursion to Pigeon Island, try that it's a lot of fun.
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 07:17 AM
Lou
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. <BR><BR>We purchased &quot;land-only&quot; package and that doesn't include the airport transfers. Our flight will arrive there around 11PM. Is it easy to get a cab to La Caravelle that late or are we in for a lot of waiting? Is it expensive? <BR><BR>
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 04:45 AM

You won't have a problem getting a cab at the airport. But be VERY CAREFUL about the fare. I strongly recommend that you agree on the fare BEFORE getting into the cab. Better yet, first ask an airport employee for their estimate of what a taxi should charge for the trip.<BR>The cabs aren't metered, and I think they are allowed to charge a surcharge after a certain hour - you'll pay it after 11 pm.<BR>During daylight hours, I paid about $25 to take a taxi to Gosier. La Caravelle might be double that, plus a surcharge.<BR>Also make clear whether you are being quoted the price in Euros (most likely) or in Dollars.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Lou
Original Poster

Thank you, Paul. That's a very helpful suggestion. I am glad I asked. <BR>