Search

St John Pics

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 05:06 PM
Jesse

St John Pics

If anyone is interested in some of my pics from St. John, please copy and paste the following link: <BR> <BR>http://community.webshots.com/album/22634722RkqaoOOLoy <BR> <BR>Sorry if the pics are not the best. I had just purchased the digital camera and was taking some practice shots. <BR>

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 05:33 PM
anon

The pics are pretty good...thank you for sharing them!!

Old Oct 8th, 2001, 01:08 PM
XXX

I enjoyed your pictures. I stayed at G.E and loved it!!

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 05:44 PM
Jesse

Oh, and if you click on the bottom of the page where it says"Zakopane7....." there you will find some more pics. I have many with my wife and the other couple but did not include them. I dont think anyone cares for seeing pics of us, except for one pic where you will see my wife and myself.

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 02:26 PM
ejgil

Nice pics, would you happen to have any of Maho Bay campground?

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 05:08 PM
Jesse

Sorry no pics of Maho, I was there and it was rather empty. Can not tell you much about it either. Many of the stores, restaurants, and camping spots close during September which is considered the height of hurricane season.

Old Nov 24th, 2001, 04:42 PM
Sue

I like your pictureas and am considering buying a digital camera. I would like to know which digital camera you took the pictures with...thank you for your help!

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 04:10 PM
jesse

cannon2040

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 04:10 PM
jesse

ooops i ment olympus 2040z

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Terry

You should have included more pictures of you and your wife. They came out well. We're thinking of going to St. John in April and it looks gorgeous.

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Jesse

Just an update:<BR><BR>So far 1461 views of my pics. Thank you everyone. Updated pics on the following link. <BR><BR>http://community.webshots.com/user/zakopane7

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Danny

we are considering going to St John in Dec 02..... of course everyone is giving us advice... several have said that St John isn't really that safe now ??? a lot of crack use and crime is getting out of control ?? they also said that the BVI's are much safer ....any thoughts ????

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Clousie

Jessie do you have any photos from Zakopane? This is your password, isn't it? So I assumed you must know the place

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 10:51 AM
AA

Thanks for your great pics !<BR>Did you take any of the "downtown"<BR>in St. John (if there is such a place) ?

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Sandra

I am sorry Jesse but I think that the quality of your pictures is very poor. Most of them look underexposed and I am not talking about those of the sunset or sunrise. I think you will be taking good pictures one day but you need to put lots of work to develop better techinique. Anyway, thanks for being brave enough to share them

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Jesse

Zakopane is the place where I was born so hence the name. I do not have any pictures of the village that I can share. If you do a photo search on webshots you will find some.<BR><BR>As for downtown St John there are a few but there really is not a downtown to speak of.<BR><BR>As for the pictures being poor. I did mention that this was the first time that I had used a digital camera and was taking practice shots. Sorry Sandra that they did not meet your expectations and/or standards. I will try to do better next time. I will be in Phoenix for a 9 days starting this friday as well as a short stay in Vagas. I will post the pictures and let me know if I do any better.

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 04:13 PM
Doug

Sandra, these are vacation pictures, lighten up a little. I thought there were some really good shots there. Do you have any pictures you'd like to share? <BR><BR>Here are some of mine from the BVI. Some are overexposed though.<BR><BR>http://community.webshots.com/user/douges100<BR><BR>

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 03:34 AM
Sandra

<BR>Dough, give me a break. I just tried to express my personal (not professional)opinion. And yes I looked at your pictures and you have some great shots. I did not see any of them being overexposed. You have a good eye for composition: Bath Beach, Just Loblolly, Swimming, Vroom. The one of Cooper Island with a palm leaf is really great. The same goes for Cooper ship - again a good composition with a beach chair and swimming child (?) in the foreground. Keep up a good work Doug and work on your indoor pictures<BR><BR>Your photo of Cooper Island inspired me to find out more about this place. May I start with you? Hence, would you please tell me about it? Thanks<BR>Sandra

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 02:52 AM
Fiona

Some of them are not good and why would anyone want to post them advertise here?

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 05:04 PM
Doug

Hi Sandra, I didn't mean to be rude, there seems to be too much of that already. Accept my apologies. <BR><BR>Regarding Cooper Island: I only spent a few hours there while sailing in the BVI so I'll give you what I know. It's a very small island and can only be reached by a private boat or ferry out of Tortola. I think there are two very basic small villas on the beach and one small resort. All electricity comes from generators and is not run 24/7. 12v power the rest of the time. It is a picture perfect tropical island and is probably pretty much deserted after the day trippers leave. If you want a totaly laid back vacation this is the place. <BR><BR>If you're interested in further info I'd highly reccomend visiting traveltalkonline.com and putting up a post. You'll find friendly helpful folks there with much much more info than what I've given you. <BR><BR>Sorry for off topic Jesse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -