Christopher Columbus or Anchorage condos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2008, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at either? Would appreciate any condo # recommendations. Need a 2bedroom unit. Thanks!
Summer
Old Feb 24th, 2008, 08:57 AM

it sounds like you may be looking at the other end of seven mile beach, but we stay in the Regal Beach condos next to the Marriott and have been going there for six years with our two young boys, Every unit we have had has been beautiful and well supplied. It is a great location and never gets cruise ship crowds. There is plenty of snorkeling off shore.
Old Feb 24th, 2008, 01:18 PM

I will be staying at the CC condos this June and have read many good things about them. Check out Tripadvisor and you can read reviews and see some photos.
Old Feb 24th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Monk. Regal Beach does look nice, but I prefer the beach farther north.

Jiffer~We're going in June, too! I'd either like to do Plantana or CC. I know the beach at Plantana is excellent. From what I've read, CC is decent, too. What type of unit did you rent at CC? Haven't been able to find many photos of ground units at CC. We stayed at Aqua Bay condos before and loved the condo, but beach was rocky.
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 08:44 AM

We are going June 14-21 and I cant wait. I have read that the beach there is really nice and they have beach cabanas you can use that cost nothing extra. (I have been to some Caribbean locations where yo have to pay extra for a cabana) We rented a ground floor 2 bedroom with a den unit. The unit we have rented is unit #10.

I have not seen any pics of unit #10 but I have seen pics of unit #8 and saw what a great view they had. I love how convient it was to go out our patio door and walk about 25 feet and hit sand. I have been dealing with a gentlemen at Caymanvacations and he said the units in the north building are quieter then the units in the south building. But from what I have read the condo comlex is never a big party place and is usually quiet.

I am not sure if you have seen these pics of the condos but he said pic number 9 is from a 3 floor unit and you can see what the beach looks like from there.

http://www.caymanvacations.com/chris...columbus.shtml
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Jiffer! We'll actually be there from June 6-13, so will just miss you! If we end up at CC, I'll request #10, also. I read somewhere else where it was recommended.
Old Mar 10th, 2008, 03:54 AM

My husband, 21 year old son and I just returned from a weeks stay in #10 at Christopher Columbus. This was our second year in that apartment, and we love it. We have been going to Cayman for over 30 years, staying at a variety of places, and this may be our favorite. In fact, we've already reserved the unit for next year. The beach is great (you will walk right out the patio door to the beach), and the apartment is very well equipped. The master bedroom has a queen sized bed, the back bedroom has a double bed, and the "den" has 2 twins. I've also been in the unit directly above #10(#23-a 2 bedroom unit), and that has a queen sized bed and 2 twins in the second bedroom. That unit truly has a den (very open floor plan) with a dining area and television. It also has a spectacular view of the water and the beach, but you obviously have to go downstairs to get to the beach. If you'd like any more specific information, just let me know.