Cayman Outdoor Restaurants??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sure I will eat at several seafood/carribbean restaurants when I visit Grand Cayman for my first time in April. However, I would like to know if there are any good OUTDOOR Italian or American (burgers, salads, ribs, etc.) restaurants on the island? Can people please list such restaurants and also let me know if they are on the beach or not. THANKS!
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 10:48 AM

Here are a few: Hemingways at the Hyatt on SMB, Lighthouse Resaurant, Eden Rock in Georgetown, The Warf on West Bay Road in GT, Rum Point Resaurant at Rum Point, Rackham's Pub in GT by the crusie ships, also Hard Rock Cafe is in GT and we had a great view from our booth upstairs of the water and cruise ships, Calypso Grill, Cracked Conch in the West Bay area and Over the Edge on the North Side.
www.caymanrestaurants.com/comments.html
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 11:02 AM

I forgot one, it's kind of a BBQ place with picnic tables, it's called Chicken! Chicken! located around SMB.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Original Poster

Robin,

Thanks for the list of restaurants. I looked up most of them and most seem to be seafood or carribean fares or rahter formal. What I really want to know is whether there are outdoor restaurants with a view of the water serving very casual American or Italian fare. In other words, places where I can get a pizza or a burger with some drinks. I plan to spend most of my dinners at the local seafood/carribbean restaurants, but I would like to know I have some of these casual American places to dine at as well. Can you or anyone make some recomendations? Thanks.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 06:36 PM

George Town would be the best place to find anything close to what you are looking for. Most of the spots near the water/outside dinning are larger and more expensive restaurants, not casual food like pizza or burgers. There are a few places like Rackham's Pub with outside porch tables for burgers in GT. We were there in December with two teens who only eat casual or fast food. Grand Cayman is only 20 miles long and varies from 4-7 miles across, with SMB being the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. Most of the Ocean view property is taken up by hotels, condo's, homes or expensive restaurants, especially on SMB. There are many American fast food places like Pizza Hut, Wendys, KFC, small pubs/bars etc. but not near the water. You can find some small pool side food locations at the Westin or the Hyatt on SMB. Hope this helps!
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 07:15 PM

Chicken Chicken is not an outdoor restaurant--it's in a strip mall. The Wharf gets my vote, but it's not really a burger joint. Great food. The Cracked Conch in West Bay is also great---you can do steaks or burgers there. The Lighthouse does have American meals and has an outdoor deck area as well as a porch area that's practically like sitting outside!
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 06:38 AM

If you are looking for american food, you might try to eat at "sunset houses my bar" for lunch. As far as dinner goes, try "lone star". The only other American food on the water is....burger king! You will be able to get burgers and grill type food at all of the hotels during the day. You should really try to eat some of the local food!