Casa de Campo or AMHSA casa Del Mar

Apr 17th, 2002, 08:06 PM
dalia

Casa de Campo or AMHSA casa Del Mar

Thinking about staying in the La Romana area what hotel can you recommend. We've heard some about casa de campo and casa del mar. Which of the 2 is nicer to stay in and has a nicer beach. Are there any other hotel recommendation for la Romana area. Thanks.

Apr 18th, 2002, 03:49 AM
Parrot Mom

We have stayed at Casa del Mar twice, the second time this February. On the other hand Casa de Campo is considered one of the leading Caribbean resorts in the world..The beach at CDM is a dream, white sand, turq. water.. We have had lunch several years ago at Casa de Campo, but I don't know about their beach. Their golf course with I think it's called "the leg of the dog" is world famous.. If you choosing between the two facilities and are able to stay at Campo, I'd wouldn't hesitate. There is now the new airport at La Romana which helps and I think there still is a private airport at Casa de Campo.. Oscar de laRenta had a home there as did many other stars. From both places Altas de Chavon, a recreated spanish village is closeby..with gorgeous homes and views..

Apr 18th, 2002, 09:29 AM
robert

have not stayed a del mar, but was at CDC in feb. Simply, it was wonderful. The only drawback may be the beach which is small. Other than that there is no other complaints.

Apr 20th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Dalia

Thanks for the information. Any else with recommendations. thx!

Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:33 AM
dalia

anymore info on casa del mar

Apr 23rd, 2002, 08:01 PM
dalia

Is it okay for a female to travel on her own and stay at either of the two hotels..Casa de Campo or casa del mar?

Apr 24th, 2002, 06:03 AM
Parrot Mom

For pictures and more info on Casa del Mar please write off the forum..

Apr 25th, 2002, 02:25 PM
dalia

THanks Parrot mom///the pictures were great. Dalia

Apr 28th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Ron

Don't think there's any problem with a single female staying at either resort. My wife and I spent at week at Casa del Mar in December and had a great time. The pool and beach are super and the people were very friendly. Casa de Campo is a very large resort and CDM is small and very relaxing. Depends if you want a large, active place or something smaller and quieter.

Apr 28th, 2002, 06:30 PM
carrie

received some brochures from casa del campo and the resort looks-outstanding!

Search this Thread