Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Carribean Villas, etc., which island? All inclusive?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're looking to honeymoon somewhere in the Carribean begining May 1, 2005...we're interested in a fantastic all inclusive, private villas or small cottages, cabanas, etc. Also, something somewhat reasonably priced...not too cheap, not over the top expensive! While we want all inclusive we'd also like the option to go out in the towns, etc...

We're actually open on Island suggestions seeing we have never been to the Carribean!

I look forward to your replies. Thank you very much!

Tiffany
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 08:05 PM

Sounds like a task for Tiverton. I'll beat him to it - take a look at the website www.jamaicaescapes.com There are several on there that would be marvelous for a honeymoon. If you want more action, look at the small villa at www.moondancevillas.com in Negril.
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Original Poster

THANKS! We were actually just at Moondance Villas in Jamaica, outstanding! Really! So we probably won't head to Jamaica for the Honeymoon.

I notice that someplaces have a meal plan seperate from all inclusive...I think that would be something we'd be more interested in seeing we definitely want to explore local restaurants, etc... I'm just confused!

We've done the all inclusive at Aventura Spa Palace a couple years ago and that was not our cup of tea, too secluded from everything...and Moondance was fantastic...what to do what to do?

Thank you so much for your response!
Old Jan 21st, 2005, 05:00 AM

Oh, I thought this was your first trip to the Caribbean. If you want a place with fantastic local restaurants and fabulous beaches, then Anguilla would be my next choice.
Old Jan 21st, 2005, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

ooops, I guess Jamaica does count, lol! Thanks, I'll look into your suggestion!!
Old Jan 21st, 2005, 06:13 PM

congratulations on the upcoming nups. it happens i've just been doing some wedding/honeymoon research. you might look at st. lucia. in particular check out www.stonefieldvillas.com and www.ladera-stlucia.com, also www.jalousie-hilton.com has some villas (a bit more $$).
if you like this island try www.stlucia.org. it was my source for the above sites and seems to have everything.
Old Jan 21st, 2005, 09:31 PM

Tiffy,
What I think will really work best for you is a villa rental with staff but is not "all inclusive". This means you pay the basic rental fee for the villa but upon arrival since you have staff that will cook you determine with them meals and shop then, typically you need to provide the transportation for the cook to grocery store. This way you can pay as you go, pay for what is actually consumed. If you want to go out to eat one night that works great too. Islands I'm most familiar with this type of set up are Tobago and St. Lucia though there are others.
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 03:13 AM

You might combine MAROMA or a similar low-key small luxe beach resort
in the Yucatan, with a stay at one or more of the wonderful old private haciendas inland in the Merida area. Fly into Cancun -- then ignore it.
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:05 AM

I'll throw my two cents in here - check out www.windjammer-landing.com in St. Lucia. Wonderful food (you can go AI if you wish),great staff, accommodations that include one bedroom villas with plunge pools and a beautiful location built on a hill. It is about 10 minutes north of Castries and not too far from Gros Islet for their Friday night "jump up". You can also take day trips easily from here. Make sure you take one of the day sails down the coast and see the Pitons - gorgeous. Also, if you love jazz, the St. Lucia Jazz Festival runs from April 29-May 8 at various venues close by. Check out www.stlucia.org for more info. Wow, I guess that was more than my two cents - have fun!
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 11:29 AM
KXR

I just found pictures of anguilla villas on www.anguillaguide.com. Just click on villas

Old Jan 24th, 2005, 06:25 AM

Add St. John, USVI to you list. Gorgeous island, tons of villas for rent. (to us, a villa was so much more private and romantic) The site we used was "vacationvistas.com"

Go to the usvi-on-line.com site for tons of info. It's how I planned my wedding and it exceeded all our expectations.
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Original Poster

I'm a little behind...but many thanks for all the info! I appreciate it! Things are still up in the air for us...I realllly don't want to do all inclusive, but my hubby-to-be is dead set on a no nonsense, stress free, planned out honeymoon...I decided to pick my battles and give him that...seeing the wedding is all about ME ME ME ;-)

Thanks again!
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 09:01 AM

Hello
Just a thought for you, how about Peter Island BVI? Would be romantic and the food is very good, all inclusive excluding beverages. (Although, you are only 2 months out, some destinations may be booked.) Even though it is a private island, it is easy to leave the island for adventures! Congratulations and good luck.