Caribbean trip for 5 couples

Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:26 PM
Original Poster

Caribbean trip for 5 couples

Some advice would be helpful...we are 5 couples, each celebrating 50th birthdays and looking for a great place to celebrate. Any suggestions? We would like to stay together at either a villa at a resort or private home. I think we'd have 4 nights (so maybe the private home would not work). I have heard about the Villas at Half Moon in Jamaica, but other than that, do not know about others. Most would be flying from the Northeast so would like to find a warm place that is a direct flight. Time of year is targetted at Sept. Thanks for any and all advice.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:43 PM

If you're thinking of Jamaica you might look into:

http://www.moondanceresorts.com/villas/villas_home.htm

The beach in Negril is beautiful!

I also personally loved The Caves on the cliffs of Negril. The great thing is that you could each have your own private "cottage" on the property.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 05:06 PM

The villa where I stayed last summer would be perfect for you, though giving yourself 5 nights would be even better. It's www.adagiovilla.com on Virgin Gorda. It's a 5-bedroom villa with its own pool, a nice size kitchen, and lots of outdoor living space. You can very easily fly to either St. Thomas or Tortola and then ferry over to Virgin Gorda, or fly into Puerto Rico or St. Thomas and take a puddle jumper over.

It wouldn't stop me from traveling, but I just want to make sure that you know that September is the greatest risk in terms of hurricanes...
Feb 22nd, 2008, 05:17 PM

anyplace in the caribbean including bahamas will be hot in sept.
jamaica has tons of villas. they pretty much all come with staff (including maids, gardener/pool keepers and cooks) so you would not have to be connected to a resort.
most houses list nightly rates so this may be doable.

in addition to 1/2moon & moondance look at round hill & tryall club.

i don't know if your group would consider an all-inclusive but jam has loads of those too. the sandals 7 on jam are, i believe, all adults. friends have honeymooned at couples swept away (1 of 4 couples on jam) and loved that.

Feb 29th, 2008, 03:17 PM

I love Round Hill. It's amazing but there are lots of families there with little ones, so not sure if that would be an issue. We did fly direct from Dulles so that was great. If you are in NYC I believe there are plenty of direct flights to various islands. You can pick a Villa or hotel rooms at Round Hill. All are wonderful. Food is good and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Not a ton of stuff going on, so hanging out at a villa would be amazing. www.roundhilljamaica.com.
Feb 29th, 2008, 04:06 PM

I know your thinking the carribean, what about vegas? lots of shows, restuarants, and shopping. And of course gambling if you like it. Southwest flies direct. what activities are u looking for? What about Bermuda or Aruba? or is it hurricane season?
Feb 29th, 2008, 04:20 PM

Not as exotic perhaps as some other suggestions as far as locale but you might look at www.abacovacations.com and at the house called Paradise and Almost Paradise. I think it looks like a great place for a group to be together. Elbow Cay is a fun place when you bring your own party with you! September though..... I am wondering if you should celebrate a different month??? Don't mean to sound negative but I live in an area where hurricanes are a real possibility in September.
Mar 1st, 2008, 06:58 AM

Check Moon San Villa in Port Antonio
www.moonsanvilla.com

Greg