Reload this Page >

Car Rental in Grand Cayman

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 04:40 AM
Karan

My husband and I are staying at Aqua Bay in February. Should we definitely rent a car? If we do, any recommendation on to the type we should rent and where? We probably want to rent one at the airport for convenience.<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 02:57 PM
James

DO rent a car; on this island it's a necessity. As for what sort, that's up to you, but it seems to rain frequently and with little warning so don't count on having a Jeep's top down all week.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Sandy

Karan,<BR>You'll want a car staying at Aqua Bay. At the airport there are several companies, Hertz, Avis etc. The last few years we have rented from Dollar car rental. Good dependable vehicles and very good prices. If it's your first trip, I would recommend a jeep or a Tracker, Suzuki Samari, something in the convertible range. It's fun to drive around the island with the top down and explore. Don't worry about it raining that much in February and if it does, just pull off the road and throw the top up!! Have a great trip and enjoy the island!<BR>Sandy

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 04:38 PM
karan

Thank you both. <BR><BR>It is our first trip to the Island and we are really lloking forward to it.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 01:24 AM
VVV

Try Avis. Compact car for $150 per week;in March

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 12:02 PM
lynn

About that rental car from avis for $150 week? We tried and tried on line and the cheapest we can get per week is $204 for a sub-compact. Did you use the phone or a coupon? We are looking for a car 2/1 to 2/14.<BR>Thanks