capjuluca

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 09:18 AM
michell

capjuluca

We are trying to decide on a place to spend our 15th anniversary and Capjulca seems to be the favorite. We have not spent time in the carribean other than a short cruise that stopped in St. Maarten and St.Thomas. Could I get some feeback as to the capjuluca choice or even some recommendations? We want a relaxing, lay on the beach type vacation with beautiful beach and accomadations and great service. Thanks!

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 09:23 AM
gab

Sounds like the perfect place for you.

We just got back from Cap and it was everything we hoped it would be and more. I don't know where you'll find a more beautiful beach in the Carribean or a more relaxing environment. And the rooms are terrific, as is the staff. You won't be disappointed.

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 09:29 AM
penny

Just curious, how busy is the island now. Was CJ close to full? Glad you had a great trip!

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 11:36 AM
michell

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me what type of room you had? Was there an opportunity for an upgrade when you arrived? Do you have any experience with the "run of the house" room rate?

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 11:46 AM
guess who

I knew it was you when I saw the post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you addict. good luck searching, and I think you'd love it. (I know you were probably hoping someone "real" answered you back......

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 01:25 PM
penny

Nichell- I saw your Sandy Lane post and now this one. If I had a choice I would select Cap Juluca over Sandy Lane. The beaches on Anguilla are much nicer and much quieter. You will not have jet skis, or the Jolly Rodger pirate boat. We enjoyed Barbados about 5 years ago. The Sandy Lane beach is the nicest on the coast. We walked from our hotel-Treasure Beach and took a swim at Sandy Lane. If we go back to Barbados I would stay there.
Cap Juluca is very unigue-as the 18 villas are spread over much larger beach area, and next door you have no other hotels, just Cove Bay a sister almost empty beach. It is spectaclar lit up at night too. The restaurants are all on the water, and like Barbados you have other excellent places to dine.
my vote would be CJ.

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 01:42 PM
michell

Penny - could you tell me anything about the rooms? Should I go for a luxury or jr. suite or should I take my chances with the "run of the house" rate. Is a luxury room or jr. suite worth the extra money?

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 06:24 PM
penny

MIchell-all the rooms are wonderful. the sujperior rooms are pretty much center rooms in villas 4-10. they are very nice, lower floor and nice marble interior baths. Thee rooms are nicer than Caneel Bays top rooms on Scott Beach. The luxury rooms are usually the upper floor and a few lower floors with double tubs. This is one ocean front hotel that does not have a bad room! Run of the house3 rate is not a bad deal! I did not realize they were
still running that promtion! No matter the hotel is first class all the way. There are a limited amount of superior rooms, so you might get upgraded to a luxury. All have the same size patio or terrace. What you see on the website and brochure is exactly what you get!

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:58 AM
michell

Penny - thanks for the info. do you know if the "run of the house" rate ever gets you upgraded to a junior suite? have you seen any of the jr. suites, and do you think they are worth the extra money? I know I'm obsessing, but we don't get to go away like this without the kids too often, and I want to do it right!

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:50 AM
penny

I have not had experience with the run of the house. The junior suites are very nice, more sitting area and a larger bathroom and dressing area. If you go over to www.travelhop.com/anguilla
go to hotels , great shots of the hotel rooms. This should help!

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:21 PM
michell

Penny-thanks for the info, the pictures were great. Do you, or does anyone else, know of any websites or travel agencies that have packages with airfare and hotel for CJ? I haven't seen any so far. Once again thanks for your help!

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 04:04 AM
anonymous

Classic Caribbean Travel books air/Cap packages. They have web site but must book directly with one of their agents.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 02:05 PM
pat

A virtuoso travel agent can get a free upgrade if available at Cap Juluca, plus the choice of another free amenity (lunch or sunset cruise). I chose the free lunch.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 09:18 AM
gab

Hi. Sorry to have lagged in my reply.

We were told the hotel was full, but it certainly didn't seem that way. We had booked a Superior room (through our travel agent) and were upgraded to a Luxury room upon arrival. The room was wonderful, but at about $100 per day, I wouldn't have spent the extra money on it up front. But it was great that it was just given to us for no extra cost.

The superior is about 100 square feet smaller than the luxury, but that isn't all that much considering that the superior is already a whopping 700 square feet. The difference is in the bathroom size--the Luxury has an enormous tub and the Superior just has a shower stall. That wasn't important to us, so we didn't book the Luxury. Also, you get a second porch in the Luxury which is completely private, so if nude sunbathing is something you're into, the extra balcony would be a feature you might use.

Interesting tidbit about the Virtuoso travel agent. Our travel agent is one (I've seen it listed on her business card), though I have no idea what that means. But I guess it did help us get the upgrade.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 02:28 PM
KristenBrown

Hi Micell,
Go into TEXT SEARCH on this site and put in Cap Juluca and you will get plenty to read up on this wonderful resort.
~Kristen~

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 07:56 PM
PoormanBoy

Better have lotz of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$