Breezes Curacao

Old Oct 5th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Breezes Curacao

Thinking of booking this resort as a budget vacation. Is it acceptable. Any recent travellers opinions would be helpful!!
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 05:05 PM

Unless you have kids I would pay the extra and stay at either the Hilton or the Marriott. We really liked the Curacao Marriott and the Hilton gets pretty favourable reviews overall as well.
Check tripadvisor.com for more information on all 3.
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Tobie,

We do have children, 7 & 10 years. They love rock climbing walls and are very active. This one has a good kids club from my understanding.

Is there a particular reason you might not recommend the Breezes or are the others just more adult oriented (in which case Breezes is better for us).

The other factor that makes Breezes more attractive is that it meets our budget demands. The others are pricier. I can forgo some of the luxury in favour of the price savings if the resort is okay.
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 04:09 PM

Hi nason~
If you're taking kids then the more activities to keep them happy and busy, the better.

But I think for a couples romantic vacation getaway, it's definitely worth the extra for 2 people to go to another resort that has fewer families. Neighbours of ours went the same week we did....they to Breezes, my husband and I to the Marriott, and they were not as happy with all the kids at Breezes.

For you it would probably be much better for a family vacation. They would be bored at the Marriott. Enjoy! 8-)
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Original Poster

Tobie,

I agree with you. It is apparently pretty overrun with kids, which is great for us with the kids.

We once went to Antigua and stayed at the Jolly Beach Resort. We regretted that we didn't have our kids with us. It definitely makes a difference when you travel with them.

Looking forward to the Breezes, hoping the resort lives up to it's word.
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 08:51 PM

Stayed at Breezes and loved it. There is a seawall that keeps the water calm and you can snorkel right there.
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Hi Sleeplessknight7,

When were you there. One big concern we had was over posts that the pool water is not clean. Don't know if it was a temporary problem but that is what is seems it may have been.

Curious about the food also.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 12:33 AM

Nason; if you have kids, take them to the beach at Jan Thiel sometime; there's a great water playground there that my kids love. Also good snorkeling, and a nice restaurant for lunch.
Don't know about Breezes; i've only driven past it. The beach is good there though, and nearby Mambo Beach is fun for dinner. And you're also close to the Seaquarium, where you can swim with dolphins.
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

Hi Tulips,

Where is Jan Thiel, is this the name of a beach or area of Curacao. It's great that they have a water playground for the kids! Any other good beach recommendations would also be great (prefer soft sand to coral. Have heard there are great lagoons and coves in Curacoa. Might check them out too.

We did end up booking so I'm hopeful that the concerns we had have been rectified at Breezes. Still looking for any other opinions out there.

Thanks!
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 11:02 PM

It's not far, but you have to drive around a bay to get there. It's a lounge-type beach, with oriental 'day beds' that you can rent.
The beach at Seaquarium and Breezes is a good sandy beach. If you have a car you can also drive to beaches like Knip and Kas Abou that are beautiful.
I believe that Seaquarium also do a kind of 'Dolphin Camp' for children, but don't know if this is always available.
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help Tulips.

It's great to have a heads up about different places we can check out once we are there. We will probably rent a car and go to the various beaches you suggest.