Bogarts in Cancun ??

Mar 9th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

Bogarts in Cancun ??

We were in Cancun a long time ago - probably 10 years ago and we ate at wonderful restaurant called Bogarts - I think it was in the Kristal Hotel ? Is it still there ? and has anyone been to Cancun since the hurricane ? We are planning on booking a trip to the JW Marriott - any thoughts on this ? WE'd appreciate your help.
Mar 9th, 2006, 06:50 AM

I'm going again this year, but not until July or so. I'm pretty sure I saw it in '05 when I was there.

I've been going to Cancun frequently over the last 10+ years, and have seen Bogarts every time I've been, so I assume it is still there.

We haven't eaten there in many years, but it is pretty much an institution, so I'd think it is still around.
Mar 9th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Diana !
Mar 9th, 2006, 08:06 AM

enjoy the JW! I'm so jealous! Go downtown to Las Habichuelas for dinner and sit in the garden!
Mar 9th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

Frankie - I can't beleive you mentioned that restaurant - I was there in 1972 - when there were maybe 5 or 6 big hotels in Cancun and someone at the Sheraton recommended that restaurant and it was THE BEST !!!! I totally forgot the name - thank you so much !! I rememeber sitting by the fountain. Gosh that was 34 years ago !! Thanks Again !
Mar 9th, 2006, 09:33 AM

great, I'm glad I saw your post, I can't believe it's been around so long! Have a wonderful time.
Mar 9th, 2006, 11:25 AM

It was there in 2003 when we went. We love that restaurant. Not sure if it suffered any hurricane damage from Wilma. You might mant to try the below listed website. Very good Message Board!

www.cancuncare.com