Biras Creek specific questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am considering a stay at Biras Creek. The reviews are mostly positive. However I have a couple of questions that I haven't seen addressed on the Web site or in reviews (I'm comparing the hotel to my Mexico favorite Villa del Sol).<BR><BR>I understand the closer beach at Biras is not swimmable and the one that is the 5 minute bike ride is. However, do both beaches have padded chairs and umbrellas so you can sit on either? <BR><BR>How is the pool set up? Are there enough chairs for people? Can you see the ocean from the pool? Is the closer beach close enough to the pool that you can sit on the beach and dunk yourself in the pool to cool off?<BR><BR>Do the cottages have terraces with chairs where you can sit in the sun during the day or if you wanted to sit for dinner there? Can you have dinner in your room, for that matter?<BR><BR>Is there a refrigerator in which you can put your own items?<BR><BR>Is the bed comfortable?<BR><BR>Thanks!
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 02:12 PM

Yes, all of the cottages have two lounges on a deck. Views are great from thte oceanview cottages. <BR><BR>Birchers Bay, the beach where the cottages are, is rocky. There aren't any beach chairs there (or at least there weren't any when I was there.) The pool overlooks this &quot;beach&quot; and is quite lovely. Plenty of chairs in the sun and in the shade. Because it's so rocky, I wouldn't have wanted to sit on that beach. There's really no sand at all and you couldn't get a chair to sit levelly.<BR><BR>As I recall it was more of a five minute walk, not ride, from the cottages to Deep Bay where the beach chairs are set up.<BR><BR>We never ordered room service for dinner, so I can't answer that. <BR><BR>Have you checked out scubamom's report of her stay at Biras? www.scubamom.com then follow the links to the caribbean and the to BVI.<BR><BR>HOpe this helps.<BR><BR>
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 03:41 PM

the distance between the accomodations and the swimming beach is three-quarters of a mile. The pool is by the accomodations and when I visited twice saw early am when the coffee service was set up there. It is on the smallish side and sits out on Birchers Bay along side the accodomations. The third bay is the one where the marina is. Room service was not available on my last visit and the pre-dinner cocktail hour and views from the pavilion are not to be missed. The outdoor grotto showers are wonderful.
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 08:23 PM

My wife and I were at Biras for a 10 day stay. About the Bircher's Bay beach, it is a sandy beach, not rocky, so you can sun there quite easily. However, the rocks begin at the waterline so swimming there is not possible. Also, with respect to your question about padded chairs, those are at Deep Bay, the swim beach; but they are not on Bircher's Bay beach. I think that the earlier response you received noted that the seating is on the terrace of your lodging. That is correct, but the lodging is not on the beach and there are no chairs or chaise lounges on the beach. It is wonderful for strolling, however.<BR>The bicycle ride to Deep Bay is inconsequential unless you have physical problems. Actually, we found it enjoyable to take the short ride from our lodging to Deep Bay. Also, Deep Bay is quite beautiful, as though it was a painting by Gauguin.
Old May 9th, 2003, 05:49 AM

I think you got enough info. but I'll put my 2 cents in too.

The beach in front of the accommodations is as everyone stated. HOwever, I found it really enjoyable to go early in the AM and sit and listen to the waves. It is rocky, but still fine. Also, there are some great photo ops from that beach.

Re the pool -- the &quot;services&quot; there are only during high season. Other than that, you're left on your own. There is a bucket of towels and lots of chairs. It, too, overlooks the rocky beach, and can get a bit windy in the afternoon (at least during high trade wind seasons). But it is just an amazing setting.

The bike ride is inconsequential, as people said. You can also call the GMs to come get you in their golf cart if you really need help.

We did not spring for the ocean view, but were in garden view building 1 and still had a great view of the water through some vegetation. We still could hear the water, though. IT was wonderful. The terraces on the rooms are part sun, part shade. They are great.

There is no room service, but there is a refrigerator. However, there is so much food served, the only thing we ever put in our refrigerator was water and 1 or 2 pieces of fruit!