Best time to visit the Caymans

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Kristen

Best time to visit the Caymans

My fiance and I are planning to get married on Grand Cayman on the beach and then spend our honeymoon there. We are torn as to when to go...we are between May, Nov and Dec. Could someone please tell me which of these months would be best in terms of weather and diving conditions etc...?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Carol

Kristen, hi, we usually go to Grand Cayman in February and it is always great. Know that June is the beginning of their rainy season so I would stay away from the end of May. Good Luck Carol

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Scott

Well, out of the three choices, I'd go with May.<BR><BR>December weather should be good, but all the rates go up then.<BR>The last hurricane that caused damage to GC was Michelle, and that was in November.<BR><BR>Officially, may is supposedly the start of rainy season, but you will still have a lot more sun than rain. Plus all the rates go down around mid-April.<BR><BR>So out of three you have mentioned, may would be the logical choice. Your best bet for weather & good rates is the last couple weeks of April.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 09:28 AM
xxx

Agree with Scott. Both my vacations to Cayman were in May and beautiful weather both times, with cheap rates.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Trish

I'm not the expert, but I can tell you that I went this last May (towards the end of the month), and we got an annoyingly large amount of rain and overcast skies. I'm sure weather is not 100% predictable, and we may have had a fluke weather encounter, but that was my experience. We had more rain in one day than I've seen in years. Even the poor crabs didn't know which way to go and ended up like crabby patties in the road. (