Grand Cayman Weather

Jan 26th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

Grand Cayman Weather

Hello -
I'm leaving for Grand Cayman this Saturday and am a bit worried as it says cloudy & rain every day - has anyone just returned or know what the weather is like this time of year?
Thanks!
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:57 PM

Don't even look at the weather!! I streesed for weeks before my wedding in Grand Cayman in December. It showed everyday and I was beside myself. That forecast changes every day...Caribbean weather is very hard to predict I've heard. We did have rain almost every day but it was around 7 pm every night and lasted 15 minutes tops. It was beautiful and sunny with scattered clouds almost every day. They have to put that rain chance in though I guess because of those short little evening showers. The only way you'll get a wash-out is if a major system is over the area. But at this time of year that is very unlikely. Do expect some Norwesters though but they just rough up the surf and clear out the humidity

Have fun!!
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your quick reply - I can't wait to get there! Can you reccomend a good grocery store as I am in a condo and plan on cooking?
Kim
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:52 PM

I totally agree with Kristen, don't worry about the weather. It's never as bad as they predict. I was there the second week of December and the weather was great. IMO Foster's is the best grocery store on the island, especially the one by the airport.
Sandy
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:19 PM

Weather utterly glorious this weekend, on Sunday I went for a sea swim and the weather was nothing short of perfection.... I kid you not
Jan 27th, 2004, 05:35 AM

I agre with Sandy...Foster's is the best supermarket. Just as nice if not nicer than the ones I shop at at home! But watch out for the prices...everything looked so reasonable until they rung up my bill and converted everything to US dollars!

Where are you staying?
Jan 27th, 2004, 06:17 AM

Fosters is the best but, hurleys has better prices (I think). Depends on what you are buying too. They have a great deli dept. at fosters but, I prefer the produce at hurleys.
Jan 28th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Original Poster

I'm staying at a condo On The Bay, decided against SMB because I really wanted a tranquil time. I'm really happy to hear about the weather - and I have to say that this forum is great! You are all very friendly and helpful. I'll let you know about the trip as soon as I get back. Thanks - Kim