Best place to stay in Nassau?

Feb 14th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Best place to stay in Nassau?

I'm scared off by reviews of the Wyndham and the Nassau Beach Hotel, but the Radisson sounds pretty good. How does that compare with the British Colonial? The most important thing to me is the quality of the beach, followed by the quality of the pool/rooms.
Any thoughts? I'm planning to visit in March.
Feb 14th, 2005, 07:34 AM

The British Colonial is a lovely hotel but the hotel is definitely not its selling point.

I would look towards Paradise Island or Cable Beach if a beach is important to you.
Feb 14th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Well, it turns out that the Comfort Suites on PI is exactly the same cost (including taxes and fees) as the Radisson, so I'm now leaning towards that property. The only thing I'm worried about is the crowds/kids. We're a mid-20s couple, and we're going from March 4 to March 8 -- will we be overwhelmed by families? Is the beach or the pool crowded at that time of year?
Feb 14th, 2005, 08:52 AM

I definitely agree - British Colonial's beach is VERY small and not that great. I stayed at the Sheraton on PI last April, wasn't too crowded at our hotel, however the Atlantis pool and beach next door was packed. Since you will miss both Passover and Easter you should be fine as long as its not winter break for school. Just check if Comfort Suites is on the beach, we saw a lot of people trekking thru the woods to the beach and then they had no umbrellas etc to shield them from the (very) hot sun - and I like to tan.
You should definitely take a walk down the road to the Ocean Club and see the ruins they have there - its really beautiful at sunset. Have fun!~
Feb 15th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

The only thing that worries me is that the Atlantis is sold out for the weekend that we will be there. Does that mean the beach will be ridiculously crowded? I think Atlantis sounds like a lot of fun, but if it's too crowded to do anything, I might be better off at Cable Beach, right? I suppose we could also split our time evenly between the two hotels, but then we'd have to check out and check in twice...
Feb 17th, 2005, 01:20 PM
TG

IMHO Compass Point was the GREATEST place -- we vacationed there 3 times.
I understand they are closed and no longer owned by Chris Blackwell.
It is really a shame because the place had a lot to offer, especially for those wishing for a private, intimate getaway.
Feb 18th, 2005, 08:30 AM

Here's some info if it's not too late. I've stayed at the Comfort Suites several times and it's a nice place. Clean, close to things, very friendly staff and you get to use everything at the Atlantis. Comfort Suites is NOT on the beach, you have to go to Atlantis for that, however, the beach at Atlantis is very big and they have several pools and other water related things to do so, you should be able to find plenty of beach space. Comfort Suites has a pool too with a small swim up bar so you can hang out there too.