Best Luxury Caribbean Resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2016, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking for a luxury Caribbean resort. The resort needs to be on the beach, white sand, nice walking, private pools would be nice and a hammock at your room/suite/villa. Resorts I have been look at.

Dorado Beach, Ritz
Half Moon, Jamaica
Jumby Bay, Antigua
Sandy Lane
Sugar Beach, St. Lucia
Old Apr 20th, 2016, 02:16 PM

I'm not sure how you tagged Montserrat on this.;-)
Old Apr 21st, 2016, 03:18 AM

Ritz and sugar beach sand is not white, so those are out

Other. 3 are gorgeous, but best is relative, depends what else you want out of vacation
Old Apr 21st, 2016, 03:38 PM
WWK

Half Moon is OK, but I wasn't impressed with the beach. There are much better ones in Jamaica, though as Blamona said, "depends what else you want out of your vacation".

And I agree with her about Dorado Beach. Have stayed there. Would not go back.
Old Apr 23rd, 2016, 05:10 PM

Check out Cheval Blanc in St Barts... stayed at the one in Maldives and loved it... It's also in the LVMH group if that matters to you
Aman's properties in the Caribbean... esp Amanyara we really loved
Jade Mountain in St Lucia has a nice infinity pool with a lovely view... Didn't much care for the rooms but the view is gorgeous...
I really liked Jumby Bay when I went...
Don't much care for Four Seasons Nevis (from the website never been) but it is high on our friends' lists... don't know if they have a pool either...
Como Parrot Cay is another one they like...
Old Apr 23rd, 2016, 07:25 PM

Look at Eden Rock on St. Barts. Some of the suites have pools and the resort is wonderful. I like the location on St. Jean Beach.

Spice Island Beach Resort is right on Grand Anse Beach in Grenada and it's lovely. Private pools are available for some of the rooms.

Also, Cap Juluca on Anguilla is on a beach with some of the finest, whitest sand you'll ever see. Check out the private pool suites.

I have stayed at all of the above resorts and can recommend them.
Old Apr 24th, 2016, 07:03 AM

The sand at Sugar Beach is imported and is not the dark volcanic sand you normally see in that area of St Lucia. It's a pity to dismiss it on the colour of the sand as it is in a beautiful area. Take a look and see if the sand is light enough. It's not much different to the sand colour at Sandy Lane IMO.

Can't argue with Anguilla, St Barths or Grenada's Grand Anse beach.
Old May 11th, 2016, 05:37 AM

I just finished a stay at Sugar Beach and it was absolutely amazing. I noticed someone mentioned it not having white sands. It does (hence the name)... The white sand is imported so they don't have the traditional volcanic sand of some of the surrounding beaches. The Beach bungalows are beach front and walking distance to their 4 restaurants. I stayed in a Sugar Mill Luxury suite which is also walking distance to everything and has a rooftop deck with views of the pitons and peakaboo views of the ocean. There are a lot of activities however it's in a more secluded part of the island, so I recommend taking a water taxi to some of the other locations to explore (water taxis are docked on the beach regularly and are a lot of fun).

The other villas and other cottages they offer all require significant walking or pick-up via a Tuk-Tuk to access the beach and restaurants. All rooms come with butler service to make dining reservations and coordinate excursions.

St. Lucia is absolutely gorgeous, great choice!
Old May 11th, 2016, 11:18 AM

Sugar Beach. And the sand is just fine. It is in the area that Oprah had as the No. 1 place to visit in the world before you die (about 6 years ago in her magazine. Check it out). It's true.