What is the Best All-inclusive resort??

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 12:36 PM
A Ohmes

What is the Best All-inclusive resort??

I am planning my honey moon to the Caribbean (Aug 03), and am wonder what is the best all inclusive resort. I want all inclusive so that we don't have to hassle with every detail. Any help would be great. Thanks

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 01:37 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HI there, first off, CONGRATS to you! I highly recommend Couples Resorts, Negril, Jamaica, we just got back a few weeks ago, and I will say that we did not once have to worry about anything, it was absoutely amazing, things could not have been more perfect. If u like, I can answer any questions you may have, the Caribbean is so beautiful with a lot of different options.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 06:48 PM
GM

There are a lot of nice AI resorts. We like AI because of less hassle and worry about tips, etc.

Our Fav is LeSport on St. Lucia. You get the best for your bucks with the premium liquor and great meals and High Tea, plus 2x daily spa treatments and all kinds of land / water activities. No other place can compare. The beach is good - not the most perfect in all the Caribbean - but clean, pretty, and warm; a little rougher than the sea in the southern part of the island.

There's Peter Island Resort and Biras Resort - both in the British Virgin Islands; Sandy Lane in Barbados; Spice Island Resort and LaSource (the sister to LeSport) in Grenada. LaSource is only 1 spa treatment a day included. There's also Jumby Bay, Antigua; Nisbet Plantation Beach Club in Nevis, never mind a few AI's in Punta Cana resorts of the Dominican Republic (my sister went to one there; forgot which, she and her family loved it there).

I recommend checking out the websites for the above, and see which will be within your price range and your choice of activities.

Hope this helps.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 04:52 AM
A. Turco

I would also recommend Le Sport - excellent vacation. I would have to say that the beach area was very minimal. When we were there, it had been washed out by a storm. I like a beautiful sandy beach that you can walk for miles on. We stayed at the Spa Palace in the Mayan Riviera last year - dynamite! Once again, no beach though! We are going to go to Punta Cana next month and are considering staying at the Paradisus or the Melia Tropical.

Good luck in your search.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 09:02 AM
lisa

Galley Bay, Antigua. . .

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 05:23 AM
Mary

You may want to check into the Royal Hideaway in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Wonderful! The resort is quiet, even in the evenings, but you're close to town.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 07:27 AM
Susan

I definitely have to agree with the Royal Hideaway. I was there for my 1 year anniversary in October of 2002 and cannot say anything negative about the place. It is truely a beautiful and relaxing resort.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 09:56 AM
beachlover

Sandals Antigua gets my vote

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Thomas

I'd vote for Beaches Royal Plantation near Ocho Rios in Jamaica. It's not a party resort there but everything is top notch. Some other posters mentioned excellent choices also. Seems like BRP may be "reasonably" priced compared to Jumby Bay, Cap J, etc.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 05:30 AM
jackievw

Occidental Grand Allegro in Aruba gets my vote. Been there 10 times and going back for #11.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Sam

Any Sandal's gets my vote. In order, my favorites are La Toc in St Lucia (stay in the suites on top of the hill), Sandals Negril (been there 4 times and like the laid back attitude of Negril in general), Sandals Antigua -very nice but didn't care for the fact that you're separated from the beach by a decorative concrete fence, Sandals Ocho Rios - Beautiful tropical grounds and pathways throughout..smallish beach was it's only drawback, The other Sandals at St Lucia - Halcyon...we visited there 2-3 times while staying at LaToc and while it's small, the beach was nice and the Pier Resturant was exceptional, Beaches Negril - Was a nice resort, but there were too many kids running about..pool is really nice and they had the best snack bar I've found at any of the resorts, Sandals Dunns River - not as tropical as Ocho Rios - had the feeling I was at any other concrete and glass resort on the water..still very nice though, and lastly, the Sandals Royal Bahamian in the Bahamas seemed stuffy and more formal than any of the others we've stayed at..the island that is part of the property was probably the best thing we liked about the resort..the bar was great and you didn't feel like you were in some stuffy place. My wife is on a cruise kick now so we won't get to go to Sandals this year..I'm needing only another 3 vacations there to earn a free week. I guess you can tell I'm partial to Sandals...others may be just as nice, but they'd have to be super to beat the service and times we've enjoyed at all the Sandals properties we've stayed at.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 04:14 PM
penny

Royal Hideaway. You cannot compare
to a Sandals - the food and service are much better at RH and I've been to both.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Debbie

Hands down, COUPLES NEGRIL. Was there over Thanksgiving and going back again. HAve family that went to BEACHES Turks and Caicos as well. Bet you can't go wrong with either choice.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 04:46 AM
xxxxx

I agree with previous poster, Couples Negril, is fantastic, from start to finish. We cannot wait to go back, any questions, please ask!