BEST BEACH

Jan 5th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

BEST BEACH

Just booked my son's honeymoon at the ElDorado Royale in Rivera Maya. Then I read reviews about the lack of a beach, and seaweed, etc. I am not familiar with anyplace outside US. Now I wonder if Negril would have been a better choice. Any information would be vastly appreciated.

Jan 5th, 2007, 07:47 PM

Probably best to read reviews prior to booking things.

What aspects are important to your son & his fiancee in choosing a resort or destination for their honeymoon?

If we know what they're looking for we can make better recommendations.

For beautiful beaches, try Caneel Bay Resort in St. John, USVI
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Original Poster

Her first priority was the BEACH. He wanted a relaxing beautiful surroundings (this is their first trip together) with activities available if they wanted them. They both wanted All Inclusive to avoid hassles of figuring it all out.
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:14 AM

hi callerid, not sure if you are hoping to change the booking or just looking for some reassurance.
here's a link to a good photo: http://www.locogringo.com/maps/tour/...ah-edhb-t.html
i have heard good things about ketanah beach, but nothing specific about the resort except that it is newly remodeled and now called el dorado seaside suites. possibly bad reviews were written as the old owners were phasing out?? do you mean seeweed on the beach or in the water?
if they are going to do this resort, i suggest an excursion to nearby tulum ruins, and one to xel-ha eco-water park. both are easily done and excellent, safe, comfortable tours. advise guide at tulum to get the best experience - and wear bathing suits under clothes & go down the steps to their very cool beach. early am is best to avoid the heat and crowds. sunday is free. xel-ha is just an all around fun day. see at: www.xel-ha.com
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Virginia. I'm looking at them right now.