bermuda w/kids

Apr 22nd, 2005, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

bermuda w/kids

looking to go in july with another family...looking for a high end resort that is kid friendly.....any ideas would be appreciated
Apr 22nd, 2005, 11:08 AM

The Fairmont Southampton would be good for you. They are kid friendly, and the kid's club is complimentary. Check the link below.

http://www.fairmont.com/FA/en/CDA/Ho...100135,00.html
Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:06 PM

The south hampton sits high on a hill though which is a shuttle bus to the beach. Elbow Beach is high end and has probably the best beach in Bermuda. I don't know about kid programs. We took our kids to the Reefs which is more adult oriented, (no Tv's), but my kids loved it. The Sonesta has sold out to Wyndam and they have just redone it. It is located beach front. I would check it out. If I wanted high end, than I would pick Elbow. The Southhampton Fairmont is very nice, but depending on the age of your kids, that hill can be quite the hike!!!
Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:45 PM

You don't say how old your kids are, but the Wyndham (formerly Sonesta) has just reopened with a small water park (Bermuda's first) which they may enjoy.
Apr 22nd, 2005, 07:38 PM
Original Poster

sorry ....the kids range from 4 to 11 years old...im starting to look into the wyndham , since its new no reviews yet but it sounds great

Jun 22nd, 2005, 05:34 AM

Don't go to the Wyndham. The water park is just a glorifed water slide. It is very limited and small. I think kids would get tired of it in an hour and then what. The rest of the place is not worth your time or money.
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:57 PM

Skip the Southampton - head to Pompano Beach Club. It is run by a warm and friendly staff, has a beach that is small enough to watch kids closely and has a small kiddie pool. There are also lots of other families vacationing there at this time.
Jun 25th, 2005, 03:18 AM
sp

Another advantage with Pompano is it's waterfront. It is calm and waist-deep for a few hundred yards out - there's also plenty of water toys to choose from - noodles to paddle boats. I have seen the staff interacting with the kids and they really are fabulous with them.