my restaurant review

Jun 23rd, 2005, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

my restaurant review

My 2 cents...(if anyone cares)
This island hits you in the pocket when it comes to restaurants. I knew it was going to be expensive but I had no idea. Its like eating at a very expensive NY restaurant every day. Lunch - Burgers are $20, salad $20...and dinner -lobster??...you can imagine...

Blancahards - Beautiful sunset view, food is excellent. My personal favorite. the combo platter (not sure what is called ) was unbelievable. service was fantastic. Love this place. It is slightly more expensive then some of the others I mention, but worth it.

Olivers- Average, built on a cliff on the water. interior was plain. windows faced the water, not totally open air.
had the lobster which was "good" not great. Service was awful and SLOWWWW.
best thing about this place is there is a nice bar down stairs to have sunset cocktails. It was really cute.

Mangos- on the beach, great sunset. wonderful service and food. Must get the sesame snapper. They have a band on tues and thurs which is a complete blast! love this place.

Cap Juluca-
Geroges is not very good. Ate there for lunch, and did the famous "Beach BBQ". My advise- skip it.
the BBQ was a waste of money (I think $80 pp), and there was no band as promised. Just a bunch of tables for two on the beach where everyone stays to themselves. boring.

Kemeia- Tappas were fantastic, great if you can get a waterside table. Service was rushed. Keima has a very nice bar as well.
Pimms- Unmemorable food but get a table by the water, VERY romantic. Unbelievable service.

Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:01 PM

And to which island are you referring....
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:06 PM

She's talking about Anguilla.
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

My posts should be under the ANGUILLA FORUM! not general.
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:27 AM
Sunnyboy

To mrsizzy (and other newbies to Fodors) - there is no "Anguilla Forum". All posts about the Caribbean will appear on the general Caribbean Forum. That's why it is important to mention the particular island or destination in your heading.

Jun 24th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

ughh, is there a way to "re title" my post!
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:07 AM

"Anguilla restaurants, my reviews"
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:03 AM

Well, you certainly hit the expensive places! There are a number of reasonable & wonderful restaurants on the island (one of which, Picante's, you had to pass every time you left CJ). Others are Tasty's, E's Oven, Roy's Bayside, Barrel Stay, Zara's, Smokey's, Cedar Grove, to name a few. You certainly don't have to pay hundreds of dollars to have an excellent meal in Anguilla!