Notices

Myrtle Beach for Kids Suggestions?

Old Jul 1st, 2007, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Myrtle Beach for Kids Suggestions?

Hi-- I know there are some obvious attractions that are mentioned -- aquarium, water park, Nascar Speedpark -- but are they all they're cracked up to be? I see there's a children's museum -- any good? How about any of the theater options (Dolly Parton's? Carolina opry? Alabama theater?) I guess I'm looking to see if there's anything "out of the ordinary" and non-Spring-Break-ish to check out with our kids. What should we absolutely not miss? I'd appreciate any suggestions -- thank you!
Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:00 AM

How old. There is always the beach, of course.
Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:30 AM
iceeu2

Our grandgirls enjoy Alligator Adventure which is near Barefoot Landing. alligatoradventure.com

Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:31 AM

Alligator Adventure is very entertaining for kids and adults. Ripley's Aquarium is terrific, be sure to check the schedule for talks by staff. Downtown the Ripley's "Odditorium" is always fun to go to. At Barefoot Landing, there is an attraction about ghost stories of the area, I really enjoyed it and younger kids would like it if you are in the area. I also recommend driving down 17 about 15 miles to get to Brookgreen Gardens and the Huntington Beach State Park, both at Murrell's Inlet. www.brookgreen.org and http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/pa...park/1020.aspx
The beach at Huntington is isolated, MAGNIFICENT, there are nature trails, wildlife to see, and a historic ruin that is really fun to see and run around - like a maze. Have fun!
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

Our kids are 9 and 7.
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:16 AM

The aquarium is very nice..also MagiQuest is really cool for children that age. Have you thought of the Dixie Stampede...dinner and show...It's a good one time must-do. My daughter just took her son to the Children's Museum (okay for a rainy day). I am a Myrtle Beach regular...(at least 3 times a year). If your kids like Lazar Tag, there is a good one near Windy Hill. Also, Miniature Golf on every corner.. Lots more...What area will you be in? We like the Seafare Rest. (with the kids) it has live Mermaids and the typical all you can eat buffet. It is South towards Surfside. Riding bikes (the 3 wheelers on the beach), parasailing and the banana boat rides are fun on the beach activities...My list goes on..
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 05:43 PM

My 14 year old and 8 year old are still talking about Brookgreen Gardens. They visited at spring break. However, it was cooler then. The aquarium is good during the hot part of the day, but expensive.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 10:08 AM

Definitely do "Medieval Times" dinner & show with kids that age. They LOVE it ... also eat at Johnny Rocket's and Margaritaville, and do the aquarium, well worth the money you spend to see those sharks all around you.