Search

Bermuda in September

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bermuda in September

I have booked lodging for my Mom and am now planning on visiting during her stay. I will be 1 night at Sandpiper and 3 nights at Clairmont. I will be on scooter during the day.

Looking for, good scooter rental.
Favorite boat trips or simply ferry rides
Best food on island. I have Barracuda planned for 1 night. Looking for the best food on the island or the best atmosphere to take in.

Thank you. And I did look at tripadvisor regarding Auntie Nea's. Gambling that the reports don't match the website. Not all lost, as it is only for one night to explore that side of the island.

Thank you

Old Aug 9th, 2008, 02:39 AM

Sept is a lovely month to visit.

I rent my cycle from Mrs. Thomas at Elbow Beach cycles. She will give you a good practice before she turns you lose on the roads. Oleander would be my second choice, they are quite reliable.

My favorite restaurants are Ascots and Fourways. Tom Moore's, the Tamarisk Room at Cambridge Beaches, and Bleu (great views) are also excellent. Lemon Tree, a very casual coffee/lunch spot in Hamilton, has first rate food. for takeaway and picnics, Miles Market is good as is Aggies on Front Street (small portions).

My favorite boat ride is the ferry to either Dockyard or St. Georges.

Enjoy your visit. Bermuda is another world.
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 03:26 AM

My family and I went to Bermuda late June/early July this year. If you click onto my posts you can find my detailed trip report which was mostly about food. We had some wonderful meals. Have a great trip.
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Thanks,

I just found out I can get a scooter at the airport and they will deliver my bag and pick it up!!!

Travelling solo that sure beats a cab!

Thanks for the recommendations!
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 05:17 PM

please tell me about getting a moped at the airport in Bermuda.
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Original Poster

What a thrill.

I am just printing documents for my upcoming trip and this querie comes in. I have no idea about this company. But knowing Bermuda, I am excited to leave my bags at the airport and hop on a scooter.

http://www.evecycles.com/New2006/Pages/airport_shop.htm
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

Talk about a marketing campaign....

I may have to change my flights and extend my stay. I have been to Bermuda and knew what to expect but this video made me crave more time on my scooter.

http://www.tuckerspoint.com/dvd/hi.html
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 06:11 PM

My husband and I have been to Bermuda quite a few times and have rented scooters each time. We have rented from Oleander and they have been great. They give you a trial run in a parking lot to make sure you check out and are comfortable. I am funny about the helmuts and cleanliness so I always bring towelettes or febreeze to wipe them down before putting on although they have always been very clean. We had to turn the scooters in early once and they even gave us a rebate. Very accommodating. We are in our 50's and I have never been scared riding for the traffic in Bermuda is only allowed to go 25 mph. I have also found the people will stop and help you if you are lost. The only way to get around!!!