Bermuda in August

Old Aug 20th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bermuda in August

Is it off- season in August? Does anyone know good villa rentals? Is it nice or terribly expensive? I know nothing about Bermuda and could use some imput. Help!!
I thought it might be a good family vacation - other ideas would be welcome too.
Thanks
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 05:00 PM

August in Bermuda...off-season...that is the height.. and it's hot and lately very humid..It is a wonderful island only 19 miles wide with a population that actually likes tourist.Try..http://server2.ezboard.com/bbermudashortsforum. Don't think this is the place to find a villa..and it is terribly expensive..
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 08:26 AM

Try here for affordable and lovely rental properties. http://www.bermudagetaway.com/
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 08:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Bermuda is a wonderful and friendly island. It is very expensive and most places have a meal plan. I would recommend the Sonesta. It is on the water, you can skip the meal plan and eat when and where you want to. It would be a good place to bring a family. We brought our children to Bermuda and they still talk about how great it was and when can we return? We have stayed at the Reefs and the Southhampton Princess. They are nice,but pricey. Enjoy!
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 06:43 PM

The Sonesta hotel just underwent a MASSIVE renovation and has an awesome spa and killer views...You can get MAP ( bkfst and dinner) or just a breakfast plan or EP ( no food)..It is NO longer required to dine at the hotel...

Just be aware that cabs between hotels can run upwards of $20 in each direction, so factor that in when you decide where to dine in the evening...

ALso the restaurants on the island are EXPENSIVE for dinner- upwards of $100 per couple +.....

The Reefs is RIGHT next door to the Sonesta and is also GREAT- has a great pool area, FOOD is wonderful, and there is normally dancing with dinner...
Coat and tie required here....( IN fact a lot of Bermuda restaurants require a coat ( and sometime the tie) for dinner...

BERMUDA is NOT off season in Aug...In Fact, since it is off the coast of North Carolina, the weather is similar--

Off Season in Bermuds is Jan Feb Mar -that is golf season..you cannot go in the water then as it is too too cold..
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 12:15 AM

Bermuda is a GREAT place for a family vacation. There are all kinds of activities like golf and tennis for active people, a few historical sights for history/culture buffs, and the beautiful pink sand beaches that everyone can enjoy. I think renting a house would be a good way to do this, as with kids you will probably want a kitchen and laundry facilities would probably be nice. I know people who have used www.bermudarentals.com to find rental homes and were happy with the service. I just went on the site and saw what looks like a beautful 3-bedroom house (sleeps up to 8)in the Southhampton area for $4,200 a week, and that included access to a nearby private beach club.

August will be hot (average temps is 84F, take a look at weatherbase.com). Temp today according to the website is 84F with 54% humidity. In my recollections of visits there, there is always a breeze to temper the heat. However, with high temps and perhaps some higher humidity you would want to make sure that the bedrooms have air-conditioning.

As noted, everything is quite expensive, and grocery stores are no exception.