Bermuda - December with Teens

Oct 29th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

Bermuda - December with Teens

Thinking about going to Bermuda for a few days during holiday break. We would be taking our two teens (15 and 16) and their friends, so four teens in total (wish me luck). Any thoughts on weather and what they can do? Looking at the Hamilton Princess for access to town for the kids.
Oct 30th, 2007, 04:42 PM

I go to Bermuda nearly every year in December. The weather has historically been mild and pleasant enough for shorts, but not for ocean swimming. You can check www.weather.bm for historical data.
The Hamilton Princess is a great location and they will find access to town and transportation very easy. I hope Blue Seas, a Bermudian who participates on this board, will see your post and maybe tell you about some special holiday activities. You can also check www.bermudatourism.com for info on events.
Nov 1st, 2007, 02:35 AM

I was recently in Bermuda and, although I didnt have my 15 year old, my husband and I did see the Crystal Caves. It was fun and interesting and something different to see...I think the kids would enjoy that for an afternoon. We also went to ?? (a Navy type pier) all the way at the end of the island. It had a mall and restaurants with some intersting shops. The kids will like spending some time there too.
Nov 1st, 2007, 02:38 AM

Oh and the Hamilton and the Princess are two different hotels. Both are Fairmonts. The Hamilton is more of a city resort in Hamilton and the Princess is a beach resort. We stayed at the Princess and it was beautiful. I didnt go in the Hamilton so I can not compare the two. I would suggest the Princess only because they did have a game room with air hockey etc..and seemed to be family friendly.
Nov 1st, 2007, 03:14 AM

Not to be contentious, but the Fairmont website refers to the two hotels as the Fairmont Hamilton Princess and the Fairmont Southhampton. The Fairmont Hamilton Princess is located in the central town of Hamilton and the Fairmont Southhampton is on the South Shore nearer the beaches and golf course.
Given the time of year and your priority of having easy access to town, I think the Fairmont Hamilton Princess is ideally located.