Search

Bermuda-Catamarran

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bermuda-Catamarran

Hi-we have done Catamarran trips around other islands and really enjoy them as do our kids. Recommendations for ones in Bermuda would be appreciated. We are staying on the island for 5 days. Restaurant recommendations would also be welcome. Thanks.
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 12:17 PM

We always used Fantasea for boat tours, rentals, snorkeling when we lived there. Looks like their tour online booking is now called Island Tour Centre, but I imagine if you contact Fantasea directly, they'll sort you out. The catamaran sunset cruise from Dockyard is a nice evening out.

What are you looking for in restaurants?
Old Jul 7th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. We are staying at The Reefs so restaurants in that area are what we are looking for. From casual to formal. We would also like to have dinner in Hamilton one night-probably formal. Thank you.
Old Jul 7th, 2015, 03:07 PM

Awwww! I got married at The Reefs!

Well, the downside to the fabulous location is that there's not a whole lot nearby. And please bear in mind that I haven't lived there in a few years - hopefully someone will come along with updated info.

Check the restaurants at the Southampton Fairmont. The Dining Room at the Lighthouse on Gibbs Hill. There used to be a restaurant at the golf course nearby that got good reviews; I will see if I can dig up a name. The bus goes right past The Reefs to Dockyard, so reasonably easy access to the offerings there, although heaven help you if there are cruise ships in. The place will be mobbed.
As far as Hamilton, I have a soft spot for Ascot's for a special night out. And please stop in to Tribe Road Kitchen for lunch or a snack and say hi to Karsten for me, if she's in. Anything that woman bakes is worth the calories.
Old Jul 8th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks very much for the information. If we go to the Tribe Kitchen I will say hello for you. It sounds delicious! We are staying at the Reefs this time but are there other places you would recommend? Thanks very much.
Old Jul 9th, 2015, 04:25 AM

If you want the Bermuda resort on the beach, you really can't beat The Reefs or Cambridge Beaches. Fourways is a nice cottage colony. We liked the Rosedon in Hamilton, for a small hotel feel, but that is on the edge of town, not beach. And if you have the budget, ohhhh Tucker's Point. The Fairmont properties are fine if you are happy with the big hotel setting, too.
Old Jul 11th, 2015, 02:42 AM

Hi txgirlinbda. Greg's was the name of the restaurant at Port Royal. The new one os Bella Vista Grill. http://www.bermuda.com/bella-vista-bar-and-grill/

I would add Henry VIII's to the list of restaurants near the Reefs. If you go into Hamilton, I recommend Ascots.

If you don't find success with Fantasea, call Robinson's Marina.

Have a wonderful time. Bermuda is another world.
Old Jul 11th, 2015, 04:42 AM

Cmcfong check your Facebook!
Old Jul 11th, 2015, 12:40 PM