Search

Beaches Nigril

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beaches Nigril

My husband and I are taking 3 of our 4 children in November of 2006 (ages at time of the trip will be 2,6,10,10). I need all the information on can get on this resort.

Should we reconsider taking our toddler? Are there plenty of activites for the toddler? How is child care for the toddlers? With the children having the ability to run around free, was anyone concerned about security and the children leaving the property?
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 04:52 AM

Hi there. We went in August with our 3 kids, ages 10, 11 and 13. We had a great time. Beaches is a great place to go as a family. Our kids had a blast and my husband and I got to relax too.

Obviously, I can't speak from experience about taking a toddler but we did see alot of small kids there and heard that the kids camp was great. They have a separate area for the little kids and they even have their own separate wading pool.

Our kids did roam around a bit by themselves but we made them stay in the same general area as us. During the day we hung out at the beach near the waterpark or by the pool at the waterpark and our kids were allowed to go back and forth between the waterpark pools, slides, lazy river and the pool room/grill area of the waterpark. I heard from another parent that their teenaged son tried to walk up the beach and was stopped by security and was not allowed to leave the Beaches grounds without his parents, so that made me feel good. If you want to see the pics from our trip, let me know and I will email you a link.

Tracy
Old Sep 30th, 2005, 03:20 AM

We are taking our two children (3 & 6) on November 10th. I have the same concerns you do regarding security & safety. I will give you all the details when we retrun. We do intend on using the Kids Kamp so that we can enjoy a little break too! My youngest is not leaving Mom too easily at this age, could be a problem...
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 12:58 PM

We took our 9 month old daughter in April 00 - fabulous and caring babycare.
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 09:01 AM

We took our kids (16, 15, 14, 8 at the time) to Beaches Negril last June. As far as Security goes "no worries". As a previous poster has noted, there is security at both ends of the beach, and they will not let your kids off the beach to venture onto other properties (on one side is Couples Swept Away, and on the other is a park/shopping area). Also, there are guards that are posted at all the perimeters at night, so no one can slip over the fence. Believe me, security is one thing you do NOT have to worry about because the staff take excellent care of you.

My then 8-year old stayed at the Kids Kamp a few times when we were out diving, but otherwise, we set up a spot near the waterpark (believe me, you'll really appreciate the fountains on a hot afternoon!) and showed the kids where we were. They were then free to enjoy all the amenities and hang out with the other kids that they met. There is an adult pool and a children's pool, and also a small wading pool for the toddlers in the Kids Kamp. My kids enjoyed the Aqua Trikes, sea kayaks, Hobie Cats and (trying to learn) windsurfing. There are also (included) banana boat rides every afternoon and water skiing. Since my daughter is too young to be a diver, we went out on a few of the twice-daily snorkeling trips which were great....saw a lot of beautiful corals and fish and an octopus (something I've not had the pleasure of seeing while diving!).

The kids loved that they could get food at virtually any time of day and the 8-year old had the self-serve ice cream at least twice a day.

If you'd like to see photos from our trip also, please let me know.

Suzan