Search

beaches in nevis

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2005, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beaches in nevis

Considering Nevis trip for next spring, my husband and I like the unspoiled sound of the island, in one of the threads someone wrote that the beaches were not that great, anyone out there, please tell me if that is so, we are looking at either the four seasons or montpelier plantation.Have been to Turks and Caicos, don't know if we will ever see waters that beautiful again, but do want to go to island where the waters are blue green and fairly calm.
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 01:22 PM

The beaches of Nevis are lovely, but don't compare to TCI.

The beach at Four Seasons is one of the best.

A good compromise combining what you are looking for is Anguilla.
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 01:29 PM

If you use the search feature above you'll find a great many posts written in the last year dealing with this very subject. Look for comments from Sunnyboy (he lives on the island) or MIM04 (she vists there often). They tell it exactly like it is - the beaches on Nevis, while very picturesque and lined with hundreds of palm trees, will not be anything close to what you found in the T&C's. The sand is darker and the water is deeper not that bright tourquoise blue you are used to seeing.
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 02:21 PM

You will find the most desireable beaches on the Caribbean side of Nevis, a light,golden, brown. Both St. Kitts and Nevis are of volcanic origin which contributes to less-than-coral-white of TCI and other low lying islands. We're beach people and really appreciate the lack of crowds (except around the 4 Seasons)...actually it usually seemed we had the beaches to ourselves...and the waters were warm and safe. Montpelier has a lovely beach club, about a 15 minute shuttle or u-drive from the inn. But do try the Atlantic side, too...around Nesbit Plantation Inn for starters. If the weather/ocean is calm, there are good swimming & snorkling opportunities. If not, they've got a great beach bar and pool. With all of Nevis...relax, go slow, soak up the beauty of the island and the friendliness of its people. Cheers, Richard.
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 02:36 PM

"They tell it exactly like it is - the beaches on Nevis, while very picturesque and lined with hundreds of palm trees, will not be anything close to what you found in the T&C's."

Hmmm. Thought that's what I just said...
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 05:12 AM

Diana - What's the point of your last comment? Did you possibly think I was implying that you didn't give an accurate answer? I was merely advising francine where she could find more, and accurate information, regarding her question as well as affirming what you said. Since when is it wrong to answer a query. That's what this forum is all about.
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 06:37 AM

Diana: I thought you were bang on in your reply however, as many of us seen, many people asking questions on this forum are never satisfied with one answer. It's extremely frustrating when someone asks the same questions in different ways over and over.
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 08:59 AM

"Diana - What's the point of your last comment? Did you possibly think I was implying that you didn't give an accurate answer?"

Ummm...yesssss. Glad you cleared that up.
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 02:06 PM

A website you might find helpful is www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com

Old Oct 4th, 2005, 07:05 AM

Are the beaches topless on nevis?
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 09:18 AM

No, the beaches are not topless.
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 09:37 AM

Four Seasons will be great with a toddler. They have a private side and a family side. The beach is very long and quiet. Not much snokeling. Sand is not that powdery. But the water was great. We really enjoyed the one night we spent there (had to rush home due to a family emergency). I would warn you that the rooms are cheap, but the food is not. About $40-50 an entree at dinner. You could easily spend $400 a day on food.
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 11:17 AM

To Biker:

Nude bathing is illegal in St. Kitts & Nevis.