barbados villas need help please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have decided to rethink again, a family of 6, have traveled to many islands. we love the quiet beautiful caribbean water a pool and privacywith some space, so it sounds like a villa is the way to go. here is where i need your help has anyone stayed at a really nice 3br, on the beach fully staffed with pool villa on barbados? are there better beaches then other better locations then others? has anyone used or heard about la clure villa rental agency, they rent world wide. looking to travel in april thanks
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 04:17 AM

Just a comment about villa agency, if you check out www.islandhideaways.com they are a fantastic agency for Barbados (although they rent other locations as well). They are very familiar with all properties there and can really suggest what would work best for your requirements. They are low key (no pressure), so you may want to call them for some ideas.

Lois
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

hi lois thanks for the recommendation of island hideaways. i have contacted them and started to research. one that seems to be a good fit is oyster bay villa, on lower carlton beach have you or anyone else heard of it? let me know thanks
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 04:15 AM

Hi again,

That's a great villa. Lower Carlton Beach is just south of Gibbs Beach -- a very nice stretch of water on the West Coast.

Lois
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 10:37 AM
Original Poster

hi lois again, my husband is now questioning safety. can someone walk along the beach and enter these properties. do you think the kids that are 9&11 will miss the diversions of being at a resortw we have stayed at villas but they have been on reort property. i guess i worry it mat be just too quiet, any thoughts thanks for your help
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 01:30 PM

The house has a wall around it, and it is listed as having a night watchman which most villas and all hotels have there. I think you should be OK, but I would just check to make sure they still have someone on staff at night... GL it is a beautiful area!
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 06:39 AM

Sorry for the delay in replying (busy packing) - we are off to Barbados today.

You will have a pool -- that keeps most children occupied. Not sure how much more they would get to do at any resort.

All of the villas have security systems or watchmen, so I think you will be quite safe. Overall, Barbados is a very safe island.

Good luck with your decision.

Lois
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the replies, we still have not made our final decision, awaiting some info on a few last resorts. it was much easier when we had not much experience we would try any place once, now we have become more particular and are looking for someplace we want to come back to again.traveling with a family of 4 or 6 also gets costly with air and meals. well for me alot of the fun is the research so thanks again
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 10:44 AM

etk401,
Just was researching Oyster Bay and found your message from last summer. Did you happen to stay there and did you like it?
Thanks