Search

Barbados Activies

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barbados Activies

Planning a vacation and staying at Bougainvillea Beach Resort at the end of March of next year. Any suggestions for activities and/or restaurants in the area?
Old Dec 10th, 2006, 05:07 PM

Champers and Resturant at The Southsea are both close to where you are staying and quite nice.
Take a day trip up to Mullins Beach.Rent beach chairs at Mannies Suga Suga. It is great, beautiful beach and a fun day or 1/2 day trip to the west coast.Probably about 30 minutes or so from where you are staying.
Have fun--
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 07:23 AM

I was in Barbados in Nov and would recommend Pisces for dinner. I ate at the Southsea and the atomosphere is wonderful. The food was very good but I thought it could have been better for the price. One other recommendation is Aqua. I didn't eat there but others at my hotetl did and they loved it.
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 12:12 PM

Curious Girl -
How was the Hilton? I've been looking for a trip report!
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 05:18 AM

Go to the Friday night fish fry at Oistins it's a lot of fun. If BBR is where I think it is you can walk from there to Oistins, which is the fishing capital of Barbados. There are lots of vendors selling delicious grilled fish, etc. and drinks and around 7:30 or 8:00 the music starts and everyone dances.
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 10:59 AM
ellabella

I loved my sailing/snorkel trip on a boat called the Heat Wave. There are larger, more touristy boats, but our concierge at the Crane recommended Heat Wave and it was awesome. Only 10 guests and 4 crew on a boat designed for 40! They all go the same places, so may as well get on the boat with some space to spead out. =)

Old Dec 14th, 2006, 11:59 AM

We had a great time at the Bougainvillia Beach.

I second Pieces and Oistins. Rent a car and see the northeast side of the island. The gardens are great and the rum factory tours are fun. We feed the giant turtles on a catamoran trip and it was a blast.

Have fun!
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 01:16 PM

I forgot to mention The Crane, which we really enjoy. Try to go for Sunday brunch when they have a gospel choir or for the Barbadian Sunday lunch. The Crane's location on the top of a cliff is absolutely spectacular, as is the view out to the Atlantic over the pool. Have a look at www.thecrane.com to see why this place is so special. (The Crane is on the southeast coast)
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:06 PM

Knowing-

Sorry for the delay in responding. We had a great experience at the Hilton. The hotel is only 1 1/2 yrs old so it's in really good shape. Our room was perfect and overlooked the beach. The beach is very well kept, the food was good. Depending on whether or not you have the breakfast buffet including in your package, you may want to consider upgrading to the Executive level. That includes complimentary drinks and heavy hors d'oeuvres, plus afternoon tea and a really nice continental breakfast. The only downside is that getting an umbrella on the beach can be a little competitive but that's not any different than any other resort I've been to. Overall, I had a great experience and would highly recommend it.
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for all the suggestions, we are getting very excited as we are leaving for Barbados in about two weeks!
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 04:39 PM

Not sure how long you will be here, but heaps to do. Definitely recommend the catamaran trip - there are lots to choose from, the bird sanctuary is also good and close to Bougainvillea, Gun Hill Signal Station great for photo ops and en route to the east coast if you do a self drive. Restaurants - Champers you can never go wrong, lunch or dinner, personally I think Aqua sucks, Pisces ok but wouldn't hurry back for the food (great location though), Wispers on the Bay fabulous but pricey, Oistins Fish Fry a "must do", Island Safari for an adventure tour. You might find some other stuff to interest you at http://www.destinationcaribbean.net - lots and lots of info.
Enjoy - weather's great at the moment - dry and breezy.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 04:51 AM

Flower Forest, Orchid World and Andromeda for horticulturally interested people.
I like a day at the races there, on most Saturday afternoons. The races are at The Garrison Savannah where there is lots of historical stuff, George Washington House and the Museum, photos and more info. on the earlier mentioned website, destinationcarinbbean. Near Easter they also fly lots of old fashioned kites on the Garrison.
Have a good trip