COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Atlantis - Which Tower?

Old Jan 27th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

Atlantis - Which Tower?

I'm planning an April trip to the Atlantis with my DH and 5 y.o. daughter. I'm trying to decide which tower. There is such a price difference b/t Beach, Coral, and Royal. Is is really worth the extra money for the Royal Tower? I'm hoping somebody who has stayed there recently can help me. I like a decent room and like nice hotels but considering the amount of time that you actually spend in a hotel room I'm not sure in this case if it is worth the extra money. My daughter loves to swim and would love all the aquarium type stuff so maybe I should be looking at walking distance convenience???? Also, I read some things that you need to be 48" tall to ride some things. Since my daughter is not 48" tall, will there be enough rides for someone her size to do to keep her happy and busy? Thanks so much!
Any opinion on getting the casual dining plan? We're not big eaters so I'm thinking for breakfast something quick maybe across the street and having a lunch/dinner at the poolside grill with burgers and fries? The food at the restaurants on the property just don't seem to have good reviews at all.

One last thing, I'm debating on 4 or 5 nights. What are your thoughts on the length of stay? I don't plan on going into Nassau or leaving the property at any time to do any outside excursions.
Old Jan 27th, 2010, 09:20 AM

IMO, I'd skip the Beach Tower (kind of old) and go for the Coral Tower. It's in a good central location. Royal Tower only if you can afford it with ease.

We also have stayed at Comfort Suites across the street. They have a small pool, breakfast included, and a frig in the room. You have full signing privileges at Atlantis, and we found it took just a few minutes to get to the pools and beach at Atlantis(sometimes less than waiting for an elevator in a building at Atlantis).

As far as length of stay, where are you flying from? If it eats up 2 days traveling, I'd go for 5 nights.

Your daughter will have plenty to keep her busy, there is so much to see & do. The bigger slides would probably scare her anyway.
Old Jan 27th, 2010, 10:11 AM

We stayed in the royal towers in 2004. They were very nice rooms. My brother was in the beach towers and said it was a dump and moved over to our tower the next day. Besides, it was a very far walk to the pools/slides from the beach tower. I have heard the coral towers are fine. I hope that schmerl chimes in on this as she usally stays in the coral tower section. She is a regular on here.
I would say go for the 5 nights as well because you do spend two days traveling.
Old Jan 27th, 2010, 11:14 AM

We stayed in the Beach Tower in 2006. We had an awesome ocean view and the room was nice. The movie theater is located in the Beach Tower, and the pool/lazy river was right outside. We were originally upgraded to a Coral Tower room and it turned out to have no view so we asked for the original ocean view in Beach Tower. The rooms weren't much different (back then) except for size and color.
Old Jan 27th, 2010, 12:51 PM

OK..I;m chiming in!
The Coral Tower is the most convenient in terms of getting to the pools, etc. You have easy access to the lazy river which is near the Beach Towers and then the slides and aquarium on on the other side of the Coral Tower. The rooms are nothing special, but they are fine.
We really don't care much about views from our room since we don't spend much time there.
As far as getting a meal plan....we have spent much less money there without the meal plan. Your idea to go to the shopping center (Hurricane Hole) down the street for a breakfast is great. You can also walk to other nearby restaurants for dinner.
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

To TYPAYT - I looked into the comfort suites and it looks like it's around a $500 total price difference from the Coral Towers. Do you think you're paying the extra $$ to say you've stayed at the Atlantis or is it better rooms? It sounds like you've stayed at both Comfort Suites and Coral Towers. Thanks so much!
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 12:37 PM

If you want to spend the extra $500 stay in the Coral Towers, again, it is very convenient to everything.

Also we are 2 adults so don't mind walking across the street, you may not want to at night with a small child. Also we liked the free "Quiet" breakfast at Comfort Suites.

The rooms are OK at both places. Yes, you can get luxury at Royal Towers and The Cove at Atlantis, but it will cost you a lot. Don't expect luxury in the Coral Towers, they are just average rooms.
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 01:59 PM

The normal rooms at the Royal towers were normal. I didn't think they were luxurious. We did stay in a suite. DH went down and got us a better room for my 40th birthday. So, that was luxurious, but the normal room, was just nice and normal. Oh and that was all his idea. I was fine with the normal nice room, but the suite was pretty fantastic.
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 12:14 PM

What are your thoughts about the Cove? Reef? I am planning a trip for my daughter's graduation from college in May. My sister and her 21 yr old daughter will also join us. Could anyone briefly describe the property layout? I have not been to the Atlantis since these 2 were added. Thanks!
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 12:18 PM

After posting this, I've decided to start a new thread so I won't bog down aruba1006's original post. Of course, if any of you have any input, I'd love to hear your thoughts or add to my new post.