Paradise Island.......Beach Tower vs. Royal Tower

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2005, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aside from the $1,000+ difference in price, which hotel is better (really) and why?
Old Mar 1st, 2005, 11:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
My family stayed at the Atlantis this past Oct. We were all in the Royal Towers except my brother and his kids. They were in the Beach tower. His comment was that it was like a Motel 6. His view was a parking lot and he had two twin beds for a family of 5. Now, he is known to exaggerate and complained profusely about the long walk from the Beach towers to the pools/slides. He moved over to the Royal towers on day 3 of his trip. (this is when a room opened up). It all depends on what you want on vacation. For him, with three kids (young ones) it was crowded, old and far from the pools/slides. The beach is right in front of the Beach towers. We did not swim on that beach though because there was a red flag and a terrible undertow the entire weekend we were all there. In front of the Royal towers are the slides, pools and a small (protected by the reefs) beach. It is definitely newer looking at the Royal towers. So, there is a price difference for a reason. You may want to check out the coral towers. I do not know what those rooms look like, but they are centrally located. The building is not as old as the beach building. The price is more middle of the road.
Old Mar 1st, 2005, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Message: Aside from the $1,000+ difference in price, which hotel is better (really) and why?"

First of all, they are not different hotels.They are different towers of the same hotel--The Atlantis. The Royal Tower is more convenient to the water slides. We have stayed at the Atlantis several times and actually like the Coral Tower which is in between the Royal and Beach Towers is both price and location. Each tower has pools located right outside and access to the beach.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------