Search

Assisted living :-)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assisted living :-)

I think I may be reaching that point ;-) Here in the FROZEN tundra, I am actually counting steps aloud while navigating parking lots that are now sheer ice. Silently I am saying please just get me out of this **** and to Jamaica before I fall. I did all of my errands yesterday, pulled the vehichle into the garage and said 'well now I'm safe'....just have to do a little laundry and pack :-0 !

Second small load of laundry, and the machine has gone to the other side of the room. If the Spaniel were at home she would have 'freaked'. That's not where it's supposed to be...fix it Mom ! Somehow it's still connected to the water supply, so the last load will be done...maybe !

But before I research assisted living, I will get myself to Jamaica ! Three weeks at Great Bay, followed by two weeks in Duncans at Villa Kelso.

It will be time filled with hugs and friends and assisted living that will restore my soul

For those travelling soon...walk good, travel better and ENJOY !

Marion
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 11:08 AM

It's 85 and sunny today in TB, with
no 4" thick armor of ice coating anything as it does on the New England coast (and elsewhere). Sandy and Sal,
your faithful retainers, await your arrival as does Chester. And from experience with assisted living places here in the US, finding one with a Jamaican caretaker really does make all the difference in the world. Travel well. Rest and re-energize better.
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 12:27 PM

Enjoy your trip, Marion. It does sound marvelous. I hope when you return you will post a little review of your stay in Bermuda. I am very curious to hear your impressions.
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 12:52 PM

Oh, Marion! I've missed your humor here and I've been assuming for some time that you were in Jamaica already...

I can't believe we'll be without you for another 5 weeks. Take care of yourself, m'dear, and be sure to post upon your return.
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 01:16 PM

Marion,

Can you believe the weather this season?

I think you're getting out of here just as winter finally arrives.

Looking into my crystal ball I can guarantee that we'll have a couple of foot of snow before the 24th of this month - the reason I know this is that on that date we are finally due to complete buying the house that we first looked at the end of last August.

I'm itching to get my hands on the place and replace the missing windows to protect the interior. So.... I can virtually guarantee that it'll snow the day before we complete the sale and I won't be able to get to it.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time in Jamaica - it's certainly a good time to get out of New England and not the best time of year to start the renovation of an antique house.

Happy travels
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 06:03 AM

Marion,
Have a wonderful trip!

I don't know your age,but you can't be close to needing assisted living,hopefully that was a joke!
If not,you sure are very young at heart,stay that way.

Christie
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 08:20 AM

Assisted living?!

sshhhh!!!!! What if the gluestick hears you speaking like that girl!
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

Yes, JAGirl, the gluestick probably needs more assistance than I ;-) After all she lives with him !

My invitation is still open to you

Tiverton can provide contact information.

I'd love to meet you....and we do have five weeks to make that happen

Marion
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 09:23 AM

sadly dear Marion I have no way of contacting the very elusive Tiverton

Shoot me an e-mail (as I have apparently lost yours)! Hopefully we can get together this trip.
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 09:24 AM

oh...just in case you lost mine as well: [email protected]
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

One foot out the door my dear and no laptop intow. Tiverton is not elusive ;-) [email protected]. I'm sure that he is reading this exchange and laughing You'll hear from him and hopefully I'll hear from you !

Marion
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 09:56 AM

Oh I'm sure he's having one good chuckle indeed.
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 10:53 AM

When my time comes I think I'll just cruise permanently. It's cheaper than assisted living anyway, all my meals provided, medical care and if something happens to me on the ship, it's their fault! We can dream, can't we...?
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 11:15 AM

Maggi some time back I saw somewhere a cost-benefit analysis of that very concept of just taking back to back cruises for ever versus living in a retirement home or assisted living center. It actually came out cheaper to just stay on the ship and the food would be MUCH better plus all the free enteraiment etc. And when the end finally comes they can just toss you over the side so there is no funeral expense either. What a deal!
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 01:30 PM

JA GIRL: Yesssssss, m'am. Mi laff til mi belly hurt. Contact me at e-mail addy above for Marion contact/phones
at BLUE MARLIN in TB and VILLA KELSO
in Duncans. If you can find her some
johncrowbatty rum, yuh sistas.
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 06:24 AM

Curt, maybe they should invent a whole new cruise line based on this concept (and I'm only half-joking)!
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 07:01 AM

hmmm...cruising through retirement. Hmmmmm....I kind of like that idea.

Time to rethink my whole retirement plan!
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 06:57 PM

Ok,ladies, here we go:
http://tinyurl.com/yq9suz
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 07:04 PM

Here's one more:
(Scroll down to "Cruising Through Retirement&quot
http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north358.html
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 05:51 AM

KNOCK IT OFF MARION!!! I know in many ways I have become my mother in the fear of falling on ice, but I'll be damned if I'll let a little bit of snow and cold keep me from my favorite resort in the D.R. in two weeks. Age is in the mind. Maybe you can think about "independent living".. My suitcases are out.. and I've been told to pare clothes to a total of 44 pounds... so that means.. this old lady will be wearing her bathing suits almost all day long.. My philosphy is for myself and Parrot Pop who is older and walks with a cane.. is if I'm traveling to the D.R. and cruising to exotic ports. the Grim Reaper can't find me...lol What do you think!!lol