Aruba Dining

May 11th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Original Poster

Aruba Dining

Can someone share the "wonderful food" that I read so much about in Aruba...What is the local favor? Favorite restaurants? Best "local" restaurant?

Though I travel quite extensively myself, my husband has been home in Michigan for the last 2 years. We leave for Aruba May 18th and this is the first vacation we've taken together since October 05.

I would love to spoil him by taking him to some great places to eat/drink! It doesn't have to be fancy - we love good food - the more ethnic and quaint the better.

Any good ideas are appreciated!
May 11th, 2007, 08:42 PM

El Gaucho located in the town has great Argentinian steaks. They have the singer that walks around with his guitar. Very good food.I thought reasonable.
Chalet Suisse-continetal dining. I thought good food, quiet upscale atmosphere.
Simply Fish at the Marriott has okay food, but the sunset dining in the sand is the best part of the meal.
Go to aruba-bb.com It is a bulletin board of frequent aruba travelers. They can give recent reviews on the many restaurants. We went two years ago.
Some other names to check on :
Flying Fishbone
Madame Janettes
That is all I can remember off the top of my head. There are so many good restaurants on the island. Our fav was El Gauchos.
We also went to another argentinian steakhouse and it was where you hold up the sign for more meat or done. That was entertaining. (We had two families) and the kids enjoyed the signs. bon appetit
May 14th, 2007, 05:46 PM

I would highly recommend El Gaucho and the Flying Fishbone. Be sure to have your hotel make reservations for you at Fishbone and request a table in the sand. Our sunset dinner, toes in the sand, is one of my favorite honeymoon memories! For a fun local restaurant, try Iguana Joes. Just a fun little place with great ribs and strong drinks. Have a great trip!
May 16th, 2007, 01:34 PM

For upscale, go to Madame Janette's & request a table outdoors! A more casual choice is Pelican's Nest.
May 16th, 2007, 11:32 PM

Marina Pirata is an Aruban fish restaurant, the tables are on a deck over the sea. The food is very good, it is not upscale.
May 17th, 2007, 12:34 AM

Hi Jen,

have you been recently? - I saw that Bucuti has changed their chef.

cfntmpn- Last year we liked Le Dome for Brunch 39pp - no rushed service and plenty of champagne.

On the other hand we were impressed with Pizza Bob near Eagle beach.

Have fun unless you are going for a month (you might run out of restaurants that appeal to you) and don't do your research - you will get good food.

May 17th, 2007, 04:28 AM

We loved Que' Pasa, which was recommended by a local..they have great food at a good price.

other choices:

El Gaucho
Rumba
Flyin' Fishbone

Have a nice trip!
Christie
May 17th, 2007, 09:46 AM

just came back!
my favorite meal was ruinas del mar, at the hyatt. (we stayed in a villa, nearby) it was fabulous, and they had black swans! i also enjoyed cuba's cooking. it's a few blocks from the main strip in the port area, but really good! we went to mathilde, and it was good, but i really enjoyed ruinas del mar much more for the price...
May 17th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

I am soooo excited! We leave tomorrow am at 6:35 am and will be on the beach by 3pm

Thank you all for your great responses - I am printing them off and will report back!

Search this Thread