Radisson Aruba restaurants, any advice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2003, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be staying at the Radisson Aruba next month and would like to hear opinions on the restaurants from anyone who's recently returned. Also, any recommendations for dining off the property?
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 10:16 AM

Off property--Papiamento, El Gaucho, Madame Janette's
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 11:10 AM

I also highly recommend El Gaucho. That is a must not miss restaurant! madame Janette's was good too. Also try any of the restuarnats at the Hyatt...especially Ruinas Del Mar.

And though I didn't make it to these too restuaanst I have heard great things...Fling Fishbone and Simply Fish.

For a great lunch or light meal, have one of the homeade specialty pizzas at Kokoa's....the bar at the end of the DePalm Pier (right next to the Radisson). Great place for happy hour and to watch the sunset.

Have fun!
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 01:05 PM

We stayed at the Radisson in March and enjoyed our dinner at the casual Laguna Fishmarket--the more upscale restaurant is at the Sunset Grill (did not dine there). The hi-rise hotels are close together so you will be able to dine at many restaurants in the hotels. At the Wyndham Hotel, Cafe Baci (Italian) is great as well as Pago, Pago (upscale).
Other restaurants we thought were great were Fishes and More (across from Radisson, reasonable), Simply Fish (on the beach at the Marriott, expensive), Amazonia (walk--skewered meats all you can eat-fun, expensive), Mango's (Amsterdam Manor Hotel, moderate), the French Steakhouse (Manchebo Beach Hotel, Ambassadors Special great deal), Madame Janettes (sit outside on patio with twinkling lights, guitarist 8:00 p.m.), Gasparito's (request sit outside, regular plus local cuisine, small art gallery), and Swiss Chalet-delicous steaks etc. expensive).
Light inexpensive dinner of tapas or breakfast, lunch at Salt and Pepper (walk, live music in courtyard around 8:00 p.m.). There's a place I can not recall that is in front of the Bushiri Hotel which features a Barbecue on Monday nights with live music (soft rock) all you can eat for only $22 each.
We've traveled to Aruba many times and have dined at many restaurants as you can see! We usually rent a car but taxis are plentiful. Have a great trip.
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 05:55 AM

Just to let you know that the Monday barbecue is at Tabasko's--reserve a patio table--great deal, very good food. Most people arrive around 8:00 p.m. Several websites for these restaurants are online--in Google you can just type out name of restaurant plus -Aruba. Tabasko's is tabaskoaruba.
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 07:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions, all.

Is it possible to take the bus to get to any of the more distant restaurants?
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 07:36 AM

I believe the bus only goes into Orangestad. For places like the Flying Fishbone, you will need to to rnet a car or catch a cab.